Rumor: "Duchene's agent is seriously unhappy with Sakic's foot-dragging on a deal"

Status
Not open for further replies.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Any way to see this "vast majority of available evidence"?

Or should we just take your word for it, like we took your word that not a single Sabres fan was willing to give up Zadorov for ROR?

Again, moving the goalposts.

What was once "Sabres fans said they'd never give up Zadorov but we got him PLUS other assets"

Has now been pushed back into "We didn't want to give up ROR + #10 to get back Zadorov, #21, #31, Grigorenko, and Baptiste/Bailey/Fasching because #10 for #21 and Baptiste/Bailey/Fasching wasn't good value for us!"

But again, keep calling me "obsessed" with "pushing my false narrative" and insulting my character some more to distract from the complete change in argument. What was once about Sabres fans rejecting all offers for Zadorov has now become how the Avalanche didn't want to drop 11 spots in the draft and also get back one of Baptiste/Bailey/Fasching in the deal.

Can you please quote me where I said "not a single Sabres fan was willing to give up Zadorov for ROR". Just because you have worse reading comprehension than my 6 year old son doesn't mean you get to pretend I said something that fits your argument.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
You just took a bastardized deal where the Avs moved ROR and what became Rantanen for Zadorov, 1st, 2nd, Grigs and prospect. When that trade was more like ROR + McGinn for Zadorov, 1st, Grigs, Compher. But yes... Avs fans rejected that nonsense.

How about the below which were from earlier in the month leading up to the trade?

And here are more posts from the same thread that you were so kind as to give a link to:

While that 10th overall is enticing.... No.

Zad, 21 and Grigo is more than enough for ROR.

Maybe on your part but some people from Buffalo were willing to trade away Zadorov in a O'Reilly deal.

I still believe Zadorov + 21st overall would be a great deal as a base.

Not a chance Girgensons is moved. And I think if something wee to happen, it's 1 or the other between 21 and zadorov.

So I could either see 1 of these 2 potentially happening:

Zadorov, 31 & conditional 2017 1st round pick (contingent on ROR extension, 3rd if he walks)

OR

21, grigorenko & jake McCabe

Sabres board is 50/50 (if that) on trading Zadorov in a deal for O'Reilly. But including Girgensons to get back 10th overall is a definite unnecessary major step back for the rebuild.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Any way to see this "vast majority of available evidence"?

Or should we just take your word for it, like we took your word that not a single Sabres fan was willing to give up Zadorov for ROR?

Again, moving the goalposts.

What was once "Sabres fans said they'd never give up Zadorov but we got him PLUS other assets"

Has now been pushed back into "We didn't want to give up ROR + #10 to get back Zadorov, #21, #31, Grigorenko, and Baptiste/Bailey/Fasching because #10 for #21 and Baptiste/Bailey/Fasching wasn't good value for us!"

But again, keep calling me "obsessed" with "pushing my false narrative" and insulting my character some more to distract from the complete change in argument. What was once about Sabres fans rejecting all offers for Zadorov has now become how the Avalanche didn't want to drop 11 spots in the draft and also get back one of Baptiste/Bailey/Fasching in the deal.

Dude, you're reaching hard for something that isn't there. You're trying to argue that Avs fans were wrong in saying Sabres fans refused to believe Zadorov would go in a trade for ROR by using an example of somebody suggesting ROR AND 10th overall (Rantanen) in the same proposal. You have to see what's wrong with that.

Sabres fans are good people. They're honest. Avs fans and Sabres fans disagreed a lot walking into that trade but they aren't delusional after the fact. Ask them, they'll gladly tell you they were wrong about the value they expected to give up for ROR.

Also when Avalanche fans bring that up as an example it's not because we think we won the trade or will win any future trade. It's that we know the value of our players (whether that's high or low). We expected the value to get Varlamov or Schenider would be a 1st and a good prospect. It ended up being a 1st and a 2nd for Varlamov. We called the Shatty/Stewart for EJ trade (without the draft picks). We were correct about ROR's value. We didn't focus on winning a trade. We knew what it would take to get those players from Colorado based on team needs and what was said from the FO.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
And here are more posts from the same thread that you were so kind as to give a link to:

Here you go, from my thread

[collapse=text]
Us Sabres fans weren't willing to give up a low 1st and Zadorov for ROR, you think we're going to give up Grigs + Zadorov now? :shakehead

Nope.

Avs are going to re-sign him anyways... As they should.

Wayyyy too much for a guy that is unrestricted in a year

It's an awful trade for an one-year rental from Sabres' pov.

Zero chance Zadorov is moved for a guy who's only a year away from becomin a UFA.

ROR's value isn't very high after this season... I'd say Colorado holds onto him.

Don't think Buffalo would offer this much, anyways.

Horrible for Buffalo.

Just brutal for Buffalo. Why would they give up so much for one year of a greedy **** bag that's not nearly the player he thinks he is? Doesn't make any sense.

Buffalo doesn't need to overpay for one of the more overrated centers in the game.

No thanks from Buffalo.

Cue the Av fans lecturing everyone on how great ROR is and how no one could begin to understand his greatness.

Murray made it clear most he was giving up for a guy like ROR was the other first and a prospect. He's not moving that

This was just proposed for the 4th, does orielly really hold that much value?

No frickin way from Buffalo. One year of overpaid ROR for 7 years of Zadorov.

Not even close to worth it for the Sabres. They're trading two blue chip prospects who have done nothing but improve their value (Grigs was >.8 PPG in the AHL)

Ryan O'Really overrated
[/collapse]

That's pulled from the first 3 pages. Please go through the first 3 pages and find positive comments about the deal from non-Avs fans, and then we'll compare the ratio, ok? The proposal they are all responding to is "Zadorov+Grigorenko for O'Reilly," by the way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad