Proposal: Duchene to Ottawa

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
You realize you lost right? It is closed now but more people said "decline"

Pretty safe to assume whatever Magic 8 ball means was also a decline

My position was Decline.

This offer is all round idiotic for Ottawa; it makes us worse, older and more expensive. It doesn't have a single redeeming quality.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
My position was Decline.

This offer is all round idiotic for Ottawa; it makes us worse, older and more expensive. It doesn't have a single redeeming quality.

Pretty sure most would decline it for the other reason, because Duchene is, far and away, the best player of the deal.

People don't read a poll like that all the way through. But we'll never know.

NickLidstrom

Ottawa & Detroit fan
Dec 1, 2013
Umeå
Avs dont touch this.

Awful value. An average #2C and a middling 2nd pair Dman for a Top scoring #1 Center?

Ya, no thanks.

EDIT: Also people bringing up the age difference between the two players and all that garbage. Its 2 years of age difference and both players have been in the league for 5 or more years now.

Zibanejad is the player he is, he's not going to develop any further at this point given that we've now seen 3 straight seasons of similar production and play from him. He's a middling #2C and wont be anything more. Just like how Duchene is a middling #1C and we wont see anymore from him.
Zibinajad has literally been in the league for 3 and a half years. 9 games does not equal a full season. Duchene has scored more then 60 points twice and has gotten close a handful of times. He is not a 'top scoring centre', and at this point its unlikely he ever is again. It's pretty safe to say he has become a 55-65 point centre. Its equally unlikely Zibbie ever becomes a first line centre, but its looking like he will be a 55-60 point centre in his prime. Duchene obviously holds more value and will probably always be the better player but the difference has never been Ceci. If Duchene can get 70ish points again, then we can start talking.

NickLidstrom

Ottawa & Detroit fan
Dec 1, 2013
Umeå
Typical eastern Canadian teams fans who have seen two Avalanche games since Duchene has been on the team and over valuing their own talent. The clichés in this thread are laughable. The only thing missing is people spelling his name wrong repeatedly. I guess at least many have finally learned that

But of course, western American fans get to see every Eastern game and have no biases towards their own players. I happen to live in the prairies and have seen plenty of Duchene. He's not what Ottawa needs.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Avs shouldn't take two plugs for an all star center. Sakic says no as soon as he sees this

Never go full ******. Ever.

A 23 year old 51 point C AND a 22 year old top 4 defensemen are plugs.

But a 25 year old 59 point C is an all star.

It's posts like this that make HFboards terrible, but hey, I'm addicted .. what can I do. :dunno:

On top of that price for defensemen is through the roof, a young cost controlled one that has played top 4 for the past 2 seasons will have plenty of value.

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Zibinajad has literally been in the league for 3 and a half years. 9 games does not equal a full season. Duchene has scored more then 60 points twice and has gotten close a handful of times. He is not a 'top scoring centre', and at this point its unlikely he ever is again. It's pretty safe to say he has become a 55-65 point centre. Its equally unlikely Zibbie ever becomes a first line centre, but its looking like he will be a 55-60 point centre in his prime. Duchene obviously holds more value and will probably always be the better player but the difference has never been Ceci. If Duchene can get 70ish points again, then we can start talking.

A player that's had 43 points in 47 games an 70 points in 71 games is a 55-65 point player. A player that's never had more than 51 points in 81 games is a 55-60 point center.

Your use of stats sir, is tendentious.

Last edited:

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
A player that's had 43 points in 47 games an 70 points in 71 games is a 55-65 point games. A player that's never had more than 51 points in 81 games is a 55-60 point center.

Your use of stats sir, is tendentious.

He's pointing to the future not the past.

No one will trade you Aves fans McDavid for Iginla. In your Aves tinted world one is an art ross winner and the other is a 40 point scorer?

Duchene hasn't sniffed 70 points in years. Zibs is on the upswing of his career.

Aves fans would trade MacKinnon for Heatley if they had the chance...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Something around EK+ for Dutchy+Barrie+ could make sense for colorado; but that's about all that makes sense for the Avs that sends Duchene to Ottawa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad