LeBrun: Dubois wants out of Winnipeg, will not sign a contract for next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The key wording for me there was "brisson willing to work with chevy"...

Doesn't sound like it's "I want to only be in montreal". Also, if his goal was to get to Montreal asap, he'd sign his 1 year deal and go at UFA next summer. This makes it sound like he's willing to be elsewhere

I'm guessing there is a list of markets he'd re-sign in and chevy can work to get the best deal from those teams
My suspicion is that the actual outcome will be that he and Brisson try to push this again like they did last year, get nowhere again, and then quietly accept the QO for one more year again and move on.

Reactions: Flair Hay

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
What’s the ask from St. Louis?

We could use a top 6 C in his age range to pair with Thomas while they’re in their primes together.

10 and Snuggerud are off the table, but basically anything else is something to discuss
Latest news, the Jets wanted active contributors, and that opinion was mostly corroborated by more than a few HFJets posters. I don't know the Blues enough.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Well there goes shopping him at the deadline. It always made more sense to trade him this summer anyways from a risk standpoint.

Let the bidding begin.

Dvorak, Beck, FLA 2023 1st, COL 2024 2nd.

Always made sense to trade him before this draft tbh as a first will likely be a part.

Scheifele and Hellebuyck can sign extensions after July 1st, so those seemed more later into the offseason moves

Reactions: Canadienna

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
My suspicion is that the actual outcome will be that he and Brisson try to push this again like they did last year, get nowhere again, and then quietly accept the QO for one more year again and move on.
Certainly possible. Chevy is nothing if not a grinder in negotiations. If he thinks he can get a better return at the TDL than what is being offered now, he'll 100% take that route.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Latest news, the Jets wanted active contributors, and that opinion was mostly corroborated by more than a few HFJets posters. I don't know the Blues enough.

That would be a terrible way to go.

Trade your better players for lesser players.
End up with zero elite future pieces and just have a team just not quite bad enough to draft franchise prospects but also nowhere near good enough to compete

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The team that trades for PLD is going to pay similar to what the islanders did for Horvat and then sign him to a similar contract to keep him. If a club is okay with overpaying in acquiring PLD and then overpaying to keep him then good for them. Hope it ain’t my favourite team.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
For all this talk of Dubois wanting to go to the Habs, I could see it being an absolute career crushing disaster. I really don’t think he’s going to like the Habs media the second he struggles
From your mouth to the Hockey Gods' ears.

(Bitter? Me? Why, wheresoever would you get such a bizarre idea?)

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Most of us knew he wanted out but i thought he would atleast honnor hes last year with Winnipeg if they didnt trade him

Hes value will be like a rental 1st + b prospect + roster player ( cap )

Reactions: Devonator

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
That would be a terrible way to go.

Trade your better players for lesser players.
End up with zero elite future pieces and just have a team just not quite bad enough to draft franchise prospects but also nowhere near good enough to compete

I'm going by what's being circulated about the Jets.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Most of us knew he wanted out but i thought he would atleast honnor hes last year with Winnipeg if they didnt trade him

Hes value will be like a rental 1st + prospect + roster player ( cap )
Well, that's why he signed the one-year QO. It was to be his "last year", ha ha ha.

I for one am quite happy that this is all blowing up in that blowhard saboteur Brisson's face and I hope it continues to do so. Kind of sucks for the Jets, alas.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

They moved Trouba in a similar scenario, they'll likely move PLD the same way.

He wants to live in a "metropolitan" city, eat fancy food, strut around like Matthews does in his goofy clothes, go to fancy museums etc.

Live like a rich celebrity basically.

That's Montreal, for sure, but also many other places around the NHL.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
The guy is a left handed Ryan Johansen. I'm sure hell go to montreal but unless it's under 7 million hes gonna wind up a massive disappointment.

Reactions: Flair Hay

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Didn't he want to go to Montreal so bad he attended the draft when it was held there expecting a trade to be announced?
My opinion on this?

Montreal did try to work something out, but couldn't get the Jets to agree to something, and Montreal finally ended up sending a 1st/Romanov and a 3rd for Kirby Dach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad