Rumor: Dubois not signing long term, plans to go to Unrestricted Free Agency in 2024

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Its valued everywhere. If Montreal drafts Wright and just for the scenario does what Dubois did and forces his way after 3 years would it matter any less to Montreal than it did to Columbus or Winnipeg?
Oh the fanbase would go berserk on him. I'm just saying it's even more important in smaller markets because it's tough enough for them to attract free agents so they desperately need to be able to keep their drafted or traded talent.

Reactions: Toe Pick

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
He brought it on the ice as well. That was not cool. But apart from that, generally speaking loyalty is valued among fans and I'd assume management as well, especially in small markets like Columbus and Winnipeg, and Dubois isn't exactly showing a lot of it.
I just disagree with the idea that a player is obligated to show loyalty to franchise and location unless there's been overt loyalty shown to the player.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Maybe he wants to come home? Do I recall correctly we heard as much when he was available in Columbus?

Reactions: MoneyManny

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Jackets fans tried to warn you all.

It’s f***ing hilarious that everyone said Laine would hate Columbus and look to be on the first flight out of here when his contract ended. Yet, that’s not the case and it happened with PLD (again). Hilarious irony

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Something stinks in Winnipeg.

Was Maurice mentally tired....or mentally tired of the Jets???

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
it's kind of like watching the leafs in the first round, but hey! at least you got more respect this year in the handshake line!
"watching the first round" would be a step up for y'all.

1655949752081.png

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Hell I am a Canucks person and I would trade you almost whatever you wanted for PLD right now.

That kid is going to be a solid 4-6 year long beast on that LW

Reactions: Dach Vader

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Dubois is a loser - as in a jerk AND you'll never win with a personality like that taking up a significant role and cap space. Worst case scenario, Jets keep him happy until the TDL, retain and offload him as a rental for a 1st+ to a contender that can slide him in as more of a depth player. Sucks for the Jets on the surface, but they are better off longterm spending money on a player you can win with that actually wants to be there.

Hope Van stays away from this guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad