Waived: Dryden Hunt

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
So this guy who people here say sucks gets claimed by the best team in the league. Hmm
Colorado has had excellent pro scouting for years now, so obviously they see the usefulness in him.

As for whether or not we should've tried to get Reaves out of here instead of him, don't underestimate the presence Reaves brings to the locker room. They want to keep him around. Ideally he only plays in something like 50ish RS games on not in the playoffs, but the cap is what it is.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Ugh.... sucks to lose him. He was a solid depth player. He also roofed a beautiful shot in the game against the Jets too as a bonus.

Krav better be worth it.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I thought he would get claimed, especially given he has been near the top in checking categories since he was with Arizona.

And who knows. There are a lot of back channels and conversations that go around the league. He lived out west, maybe he wanted to go back or someone in management with the Avs really wanted him or they have a history together. I have no idea, but we never know the full story.

Fact of the matter is he got squeezed out due to Covid. The Rangers are in a tough spot with the Cap because it has not increased the way they and every team thought it would, naturally. We lost a good depth player, no doubt.

But to me its ok, because Rydahl can play his position and is a bigger body. Give him a shot when needed. Good luck Dryden

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Landeskog is out for 12 weeks. That, as they say, is that.

Honestly, who (aside from Reaves) is Hunt supposed to play ahead of? Vesey has outplayed him and can PK, he's not a center, and he's not better than Goodrow. If the Rangers are healthy, Hunt and Reaves are sitting and the Rangers don't have the cap space to play with.

Reactions: haveandare

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
was he really worse than Vesey or Carpenter? 11 hits in 3 games one of the few that finished checks.

The Rangers need a 4C. Right now Goodrow is the best option play up on the third line, making Carpenter (or Rydahl) the only options.

Yes, Vesey brings more utility and is better than Hunt.

Reactions: haveandare

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
I like Hunt, but this is not a real loss. It's a numbers game and he brings nothing that can't be provided by others on the roster. COL has some injuries and needed some filling in at the bottom. They may well waive him when they get some depth back. Or maybe he'll use the chance to up his stature. Either way, he was not more than press box/AHL depth here right now. Best of luck to him.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
was he really worse than Vesey or Carpenter? 11 hits in 3 games one of the few that finished checks.
he has less to offer than those two, imo

Vesey is legitimately very good defensively and his offensive skills don't give me agita in a top 9 role. Carpenter is a center who's good on faceoffs and PKs. and Kravtsov/Rydahl aren't even playing right now. I get it even though I was a big Hunt fan.

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
sucks to lose depth, but kinda glad he’s gone tbh there are many Hunts out there. Some don’t even have contracts

Reactions: egelband

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm
Sucks that we lose a serviceable player like Hunt so they can keep Kravtsov who is not ready for the NHL but is still here because if they send him down the the AHL he will run back to Russia with his tail between his legs again.

Reactions: Peltz

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Buh bye. No loss here. Plenty of Hunts on the waiver market each week if we want to bring one back in case of injuries.
This is absurdly incorrect. Where are all those idiots "hE iSnT gOiNg To GeT cLaImEd AnYwAyS". I won't die on the Hunt hill, but the infatuation this fan base has with guys like Blais, Rydahl, Reaves, etc is ridiculous. Hunt is a better player than all 3

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Eh, Blais is a better physical player and Vesey is a better defensive player (as crazy as that feels to say).

Also prevents him from being pushed up too far in the lineup again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad