Confirmed with Link: Driedger recalled, Anderson on indefinite leave for personal reasons

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but:

Dorion said:
"With the support of the entire organization, we’ve provided Craig with a leave of absence so that he can attend to a personal matter at home,” said Senators general manager, Pierre Dorion. “While we are uncertain of how long Craig may be away, he will continue to have our support for as much time as is needed. We will respect his privacy and will have no further comment at this time.”

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Chris Driedger has never allowed a goal at the NHL level.

Hopefully he gets to play though if he here for a long time. Last time he was recalled, Dave Cameron played Anderson for like a billion straight starts including back to backs because Dave Cameron is an idiot.

He's also only faced 21 shots in ~54:41 mins of play

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
If there is something undisclosed with Andy....why not start the kid in his junior hometown?

Now that we know Andy's out for personal reasons, I'd think about it, yeah. Although there's pretty much no way Boucher does that, he'll go right to Hammond IMO.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Man, nothing but my best wishes to Craig and the Andersons right now.

Anything that causes an indefinite personal leave is serious. I'm not here to speculate, but as someone who's life was turned upside down this year with my own personal stuff, the Andys have nothing but empathy and hope from me right now.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Man, nothing but my best wishes to Craig and the Andersons right now.

Anything that causes an indefinite personal leave is serious. I'm not here to speculate, but as someone who's life was turned upside down this year with my own personal stuff, the Andys have nothing but empathy and hopw coming from Mr and Ms Bonktastic.

This. Well said :handclap:

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Best wishes to Craig at this time. Some things are bigger than hockey. Let's give him all the time he needs and all wish him nothing but the best at this time.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
You would be incorrect.

It's a health issue. One everyone on the team and media is well aware of and out of respect for Anderson, have chosen not to disclose. Let's all respect his wishes and not speculate further and hope for the best for him and his family.

Feel bad for him and his family.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Why keep the reason for his leaves of absences away from the fans?

If someones sick on his family I don't see the reason to keep it hidden, the support from everyone could be positive.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Why keep the reason for his leaves of absences away from the fans?

If someones sick on his family I don't see the reason to keep it hidden, the support from everyone could be positive.

Because it's none of your business. That's why.

If he chooses to disclose it, it's his prerogative.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Because it's none of your business. That's why.

If he chooses to disclose it, it's his prerogative.

some people fail to realize that NHL players are people too and have similar struggles as normal people do.

Only thing the organization is obligated to tell the fans is hes on LOA..imo

Oct 10, 2010
You would be incorrect.

It's a health issue. One everyone on the team and media is well aware of and out of respect for Anderson, have chosen not to disclose. Let's all respect his wishes and not speculate further and hope for the best for him and his family.

It's going to get leaked regardless.

I get the privacy issue, but it's all about breaking news first rather Anderson likes it or not, unfortunately.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
It's going to get leaked regardless.

I get the privacy issue, but it's all about breaking news first rather Anderson likes it or not, unfortunately.

I doubt any reputable news sources will disclose anything in this type of scenario. Many in the fan base, media, and team know and no one's saying anything out of respect for Anderson and his privacy. The black mark on whoever says anything won't be one anyone wants to wear if your job is to report on sports and the Ottawa Senators.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Frankly, the whole notion of fans "deserving to know" is upsetting on so many levels. As a fan of the team, you're entitled to watch the team play hockey games and cheer if you feel so inclined. That's precisely where your "rights" as a fan end. The team has no obligation to disclose injury, personnel decisions, line combinations, powerplay strategies, contract details and ESPECIALLY not personal issues.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Frankly, the whole notion of fans "deserving to know" is upsetting on so many levels. As a fan of the team, you're entitled to watch the team play hockey games and cheer if you feel so inclined. That's precisely where your "rights" as a fan end. The team has no obligation to disclose injury, personnel decisions, line combinations, powerplay strategies, contract details and ESPECIALLY not personal issues.

Exactly, if anyone here had to leave work we wouldn't be entitled to know why.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad