Confirmed with Link: Driedger recalled, Anderson on indefinite leave for personal reasons

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Usually the Sens twitter breaks this type of news about recalls and what not. I wonder why they haven't mentioned anything about it?

Yeah I find it odd too.. None of the bloggers/reporters have mentioned anything either. Seems odd

Edit: Never mind Garrioch just tweeted its because Anderson has to attend to a personal matter. No timetable for return, must be something pretty serious.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Andy is heading home for a personal matter....cue the Driedger start against the Flames tomorrow now. :)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I hope they start Driedger. I hope Anderson's personal matters sort themselves out for his sake and the team's.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
"Indefinite" leave of absence...

Hope whatever it is (likely the health of a close family member) resolves itself for the better.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
So we have to now rely on Hammond? :help:

Not going to bank on it, but last 2 time we had to rely on Hammond to be the #1 for a long stretch, he was very good. :dunno:

Maybe we will me surprise again.

I kinda hope Driedger show he can belong and stay here.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
"Indefinite" leave of absence...

Hope whatever it is (likely the health of a close family member) resolves itself for the better.

Won't really comment on it further because everyone is entitled to their privacy however I find they usually would release that type of info if it was the case....I am guessing it is likely marital. Hope everyone on his end is healthy though, because that's what's important in the end.

He mentioned after his earlier leave that "it will come out eventually"

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Won't really comment on it further because everyone is entitled to their privacy however I find they usually would release that type of info if it was the case....I am guessing it is likely marital. Hope everyone on his end is healthy though, because that's what's important in the end.

He mentioned after his earlier leave that "it will come out eventually"

You would be incorrect.

It's a health issue. One everyone on the team and media is well aware of and out of respect for Anderson, have chosen not to disclose. Let's all respect his wishes and not speculate further and hope for the best for him and his family.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I am bullish on Driedger as a prospect, so I am hoping that he gets a start or two out of this. It's worth noting that Matt Murray of the Penguins was drafted just a few spots ahead of Driedger in the same year. Just sayin'. ;-)

As for Andy, we often forget that these guys are not robots, but rather human beings with families. As mentioned already, it doesn't seem like a huge stretch to suggest that this is likely an issue on the home front, especially when you recall that he already had to take a leave in camp. I wish him and his family all the best...

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Chris Driedger has never allowed a goal at the NHL level.

Hopefully he gets to play though if he here for a long time. Last time he was recalled, Dave Cameron played Anderson for like a billion straight starts including back to backs because Dave Cameron is an idiot.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Chris Driedger has never allowed a goal at the NHL level.

Hopefully he gets to play though if he here for a long time. Last time he was recalled, Dave Cameron played Anderson for like a billion straight starts including back to backs because Dave Cameron is an idiot.

Imagine we use Driedger against Calgary and win. A shootout would be better.

Cameron on the other bench would look, even more, like a complete idiot !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad