In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
1297468358669_ORIGINAL.jpg

MFW I heard the terms.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Yeah, have to say I'm pretty happy with that deal. More AAV than he really deserves, but the key is that it's only a two year term.

jetkarma*

It's a positive , leaves options open and doesn't tie up Wpg .

Would have been ok with less for longer as I have said , more term can be a positive for the value of trading a player .

This more than works , and while it isn't a surprise , it is welcomed news .

One more piece slotted in .

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
LLW
Perreault-Scheifele-Stafford
X-Lowry-Ehlers
X-Copp?-Thorburn

First X as Burmi? Petan on LW??
Second X as Stempniak?
Copp probably not the center to start, but maybe.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Yeah, have to say I'm pretty happy with that deal. More AAV than he really deserves, but the key is that it's only a two year term.

My feeling as well - helps bridge the gap to some of the up and coming prospects, but doesn't saddle the Jets with a long term commitment. Very good deal for both parties - on a 2 year deal, I have no issue with the $$.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I was afraid it might go higher so I will be happy with *only* 4.35. Now just keep him off of Scheifele's line please.

Edit: Just saw that it is for only 2 years. Surprise! So if he isn't good we aren't locked in too long. That is good. Or we get the opportunity to add a couple of years at a proper 3rd line price. Assuming he meets (my lower than some) expectations I might not mind extending him later for 2 more at ~3/.

1 attaboy for Chevy.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Stafford hasn't fallen off a cliff yet. We got a pending UFA to stick with the Jets - that's huge.

I meant more in terms of term/money/expectations - Jokinen wasn't expected to suck hard for the first year of his deal. If he'd played both years like his 2nd I think people would've only been slightly disappointed... :)

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
How is Stafford's corsi this year? I don't know how to check.

I remember really liking Stafford last year. Then I kinda bought into all the corsi talk, and decided maybe I shouldn't like him. Because math told me not to.

Now, watching him this year, I'm like **** it, Stafford is pretty great. But I don't think he's doing anything different than last season.

I guess what I'm asking is... Is Stafford the anti-corsi?
:madfire:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Stafford 41 points in 66 games..... .621 ppg
Kane 13 points in 30 games......... .433 ppg

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I like Stafford. guy was clutch in our late push last season. And despite the teams disappointing season, he seems to still be on his game. I think coming here revived him a bit last year, lets hope it stays that way.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
How is Stafford's corsi this year? I don't know how to check.

I remember really liking Stafford last year. Then I kinda bought into all the corsi talk, and decided maybe I shouldn't like him. Because math told me not to.

Now, watching him this year, I'm like **** it, Stafford is pretty great. But I don't think he's doing anything different than last season.

I guess what I'm asking is... Is Stafford the anti-corsi?
:madfire:

Thing about Corsi is that not every player needs to be a huge Corsi star. A guy like a Marian Gaborik* was never a very good Corsi player. He brought down the Kings Corsi when acquired. But thing is with his chances he buried, he brought the finish. You need those finishers as well as Corsi drivers. Think about in terms of on-ice, you need the players that carry the put in, grind the corners, get to the net. But you need to pair them with guys that can snipe one shot goals. Otherwise even with lots of possession you just won't outscore other teams even if you outshoot. Stafford is more of a sniper like that.

*=The Marian Gaborik of years past I mean, not this year.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Thing about Corsi is that not every player needs to be a huge Corsi star. A guy like a Marian Gaborik* was never a very good Corsi player. He brought down the Kings Corsi when acquired. But thing is with his chances he buried, he brought the finish. You need those finishers as well as Corsi drivers. Think about in terms of on-ice, you need the players that carry the put in, grind the corners, get to the net. But you need to pair them with guys that can snipe one shot goals. Otherwise even with lots of possession you just won't outscore other teams even if you outshoot. Stafford is more of a sniper like that.

*=The Marian Gaborik of years past I mean, not this year.

Yea I am not the biggest Stafford fan and I far prefer Frolik but Drew can finish very nicely and has good hands around the net. He is a useful piece of the puzzle for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad