Player Discussion Drake Batherson (RW) - Part II

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He’s our best offensive player outside of Stutzle, I don’t think there are many/any fans who are underrating Batherson.
Well Chabot is pretty offensively talented as well. I meant in terms of how much money he could command & if what you say is correct than that in itself should make him eligible for more money than people have been mentioning. IMO it's Tkachuk, Chabot, Batherson & Stutzle as the most offensive talented players at the moment although it could certainly change.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Well Chabot is pretty offensively talented as well. I meant in terms of how much money he could command & if what you say is correct than that in itself should make him eligible for more money than people have been mentioning. IMO it's Tkachuk, Chabot, Batherson & Stutzle as the most offensive talented players at the moment although it could certainly change.
I was only considering forward, Chabot is likely our 2nd best offensive player moving forward between Stutzle and Bath

Reactions: aragorn

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
When do we get to see some video from the Maritime pro practices?

Always appreciate seeing Bath with Sid and Mac/Marchand

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I was only considering forward, Chabot is likely our 2nd best offensive player moving forward between Stutzle and Bath

Batherson is not going to score on 15% of his shots forever Jimmy,Brady and Josh will outscore him this year.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Likewise with Batherson

Norris is in the middle of the ice and will pick up extra assists from being in the middle of the ice. If Norris shoots more Batherson will be missing those passes and not be able to shoot more.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Norris is in the middle of the ice and will pick up extra assists from being in the middle of the ice. If Norris shoots more Batherson will be missing those passes and not be able to shoot more.
So Batherson will pick up assists?

It’s a 2 way street if they are playing together, it’s not just Norris shooting more, Batherson will as well.

Norris shot 31% over the last 20 games of the season, Batherson shot 17%. Norris is more likely to regress.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

It’s a 2 way street if they are playing together, it’s not just Norris shooting more, Batherson will as well.

Norris shot 31% over the last 20 games of the season, Batherson shot 17%. Norris is more likely to regress.

Batherson was not good at scoring goals in the AHL

Disagree, Norris was a way better goal scorer in the AHL and will be in the NHL.
We can bump it at the end of the year and see

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

Disagree, Norris was a way better goal scorer in the AHL and will be in the NHL.

Yeah but Batherson was a much better playmaker in the AHL. See how that works?

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Batherson has a fantastic shot and has hands to dangle when in close so feels like he has a different arsenal for goal scoring.

No doubt Norris has the quick snipe but I think both of them can be used in a one-timer position on the PP so believe they continue to increase production next season.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson line stay together they will feed off each other & should again all get plenty of pts. Batherson is the playmaker on that line, Norris is the shooter & Tkachuk is the shit disturber who will pick up everything around the net. To think Batherson can't score at the NHL level is ludicrous, he has plenty of skill to score at this level, but he's a passer first so I expect more assists than goals.

Reactions: Boud

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

I don't understand the debate here?

Batherson is more of a playmaker... It just happens that he is pretty skilled in general so he can also score depending on the situation. Norris is a better scorer and overall player than he is a playmaker. You won't see him being a 20-45 guy. Batherson is much more likely

Nothing more to see here

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Norris= Shooter Tkachuk =net front scorer Batherson= playmaker with a little of the other two...

This line is perfectly balanced,big strong with all the skills

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Yeah but Batherson was a much better playmaker in the AHL. See how that works?

Yes I do, I still think Batherson ends up number 4 on the depth chart. He could get 200 points and turn into the best player in the NHL. I am not sure what the issue is. Nobody is attacking Drake

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
If Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson line stay together they will feed off each other & should again all get plenty of pts. Batherson is the playmaker on that line, Norris is the shooter & Tkachuk is the shit disturber who will pick up everything around the net. To think Batherson can't score at the NHL level is ludicrous, he has plenty of skill to score at this level, but he's a passer first so I expect more assists than goals.

I'm hoping that line stays together and i can really see them imposing their will on teams.

Last year they played against 6 opponents

The NHL has never seen Norris. It's only seen prospect Batherson, not I can hit and score in this league Batherson and the last time Tkachuk was playing against the league he was still a scrappy kid whereas by this October he's going to be almost completely filled out and ready to burn villages

There are very few 1st line winger pairings that have the combined weight and height of Tkachuk and Batherson while at the same time having 1st line skill.

It's going to be fun

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'm hoping that line stays together and i can really see them imposing their will on teams.

Last year they played against 6 opponents

The NHL has never seen Norris. It's only seen prospect Batherson, not I can hit and score in this league Batherson and the last time Tkachuk was playing against the league he was still a scrappy kid whereas by this October he's going to be almost completely filled out and ready to burn villages

There are very few 1st line winger pairings that have the combined weight and height of Tkachuk and Batherson while at the same time having 1st line skill.

It's going to be fun
Norris has some decent size as well and isnt afraid to throw down,yep that line will pick on weak defenders down low

Reactions: aragorn

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Batherson reminds me of Draisatl-litelite when it comes to being a trigger man on a line. Yes, he’s a playmaker and has exceptional puck distribution but I see him being forced into a role where he buries a lot of pucks in the net.

Kind of hoping for a Jimmy - Bath reunion

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Yep, Bath was a playmaker, but he absolutely can score and has been progressing more as a shooter over the past season.

Guy is just very good at the offensive parts of the game.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Who the hell thinks Batherson is not skilled? He's gonna be a great player for Ottawa & one of their best top five.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Who the hell thinks Batherson is not skilled? He's gonna be a great player for Ottawa & one of their best top five.

[MOD]

Anyone who says Batherson is unskilled has no hockey knowledge whatsoever. The kid can do almost anything with the puck. His skating could use work and if he could add even half a step he'll be a top 15 RW in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad