Player Discussion Drake Batherson (RW) - Part II

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
You cant win much on a budget,take this off season...Did we have an actual plan???Or was it to make it look like we were in every decent player ,and come up empty handed as per the usual???Two plug defenders dont scream like we are trying to make a push to me,Iam sure a guy like BT will be thinking the same

Yes we have a plan … it’s the same plan that everyone criticizes the team for trying to explain a few years back.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Actual dollars EM has never spent 70 mil on payroll

He’s spent close to the cap for several years of his ownership … no idea why you are fixed on there anyone. Spending is linked to revenue.

Batherson signing will get us pretty close to $70 anyway.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I wish you were around when everyone justified White at $4.75 x6 … I guess we will see. Bath is a big body who sacrifices his body and plays DJ hockey. He’s worth $5. He could easily outscore Brady next year…. And every year.

I agree he is worth 5 million.... but not on a 2 year deal. Look at what Comtois got, Copp, etc. If he does 2 years he aint getting over 2.5 per, maybe 3.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I agree he is worth 5 million.... but not on a 2 year deal. Look at what Comtois got, Copp, etc. If he does 2 years he aint getting over 2.5 per, maybe 3.

I see your point … I just feel this will be higher … who knows. I thought White would be lucky to get $2.5 and I was sure wrong about that.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Yea because he signed longterm. I wish Batherson signs White’s contract.

Not really - to believe that you would have to value White’s first 2 years at say $2.5 … that would mean the Senators were valuing whites last years at $8 million which is insane.

White is paid over $6 for his last year of his contract already.

Bath should get the White contract and White should have got the $2.5 x2 show me more bridge

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
What's this I am hearing of Batherson planning on signing 2-3 year deal? Terrible news for us. Needa lock him up long-term. Will command a lot soon, he has good enough chance of becoming bonafide scoring first line winger.

We needa catch a break a la Boston and Colorado who managed to get their good players locked up longterm on good deals and manageable cap to be competitive for longer.

Tkachuk and Batherson and all these signing 2-3 year deals will not bode well for us at all. Except Tkachuk cause he's already, allegedly, asking for star money anyway.

Reactions: bert

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
What's this I am hearing of Batherson planning on signing 2-3 year deal? Terrible news for us. Needa lock him up long-term. Will command a lot soon, he has good enough chance of becoming bonafide scoring first line winger.

We needa catch a break a la Boston and Colorado who managed to get their good players locked up longterm on good deals and manageable cap to be competitive for longer.

Tkachuk and Batherson and all these signing 2-3 year deals will not bode well for us at all. Except Tkachuk cause he's already, allegedly, asking for star money anyway.

That's what happens when an organization builds a reputation of being as cheap as possible. Good players dont want to get tied down long term to teams that are going to internally handicap themselves.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
He will take a bridge and that a just fine too. Three seasons is a good commitment

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
That's what happens when an organization builds a reputation of being as cheap as possible. Good players dont want to get tied down long term to teams that are going to internally handicap themselves.

Like Colin White ?

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site

Where did you read he is going to take short deal?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
When they tried C. Brown & Dadonov last yr with Tkachuk & Norris it didn't work out very well, but when they put Batherson on that line it took off. When Batherson & Stutzle play together they seem to have chemistry too & when Batherson played with Paul & L. Brown they were one of the best lines in the AHL. Batherson is a much better player than most people are giving him credit for on here & could command more money than people think. He is just as important if not more so on the PP as anyone else on this team & seems to be the driver from the right side.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
When they tried C. Brown & Dadonov last yr with Tkachuk & Norris it didn't work out very well, but when they put Batherson on that line it took off. When Batherson & Stutzle play together they seem to have chemistry too & when Batherson played with Paul & L. Brown they were one of the best lines in the AHL. Batherson is a much better player than most people are giving him credit for on here & could command more money than people think. He is just as important if not more so on the PP as anyone else on this team & seems to be the driver from the right side.
He’s our best offensive player outside of Stutzle, I don’t think there are many/any fans who are underrating Batherson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad