Value of: Draisaitl's upcoming contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
I don't think so. I think the "discount" you saw for McDavid is so the Oilers can pay Drai the money he wants.

Last edited:

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
I hope it's low and around 7m, Nylander is gonna be looking at Drai's contract. I think he'll end up signing for 8x8 though

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I don't think so I think the "discount" you saw for McDavid is so the Oilers can pay Drai the money he wants.

Well I think Draisaitl will also be taking a discount, as I said in my OP.

So both their discounts can be going towards a 2nd liner. McDavid's discount was 2.5m and Draisait's will be about a million if he signs for 7m.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
A team better offer sheet him and fast. Oilers are gonna be absolutely lethal with McDavid/Draisaitl/Klefbom/Talbot going forward.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
A team better offer sheet him and fast. Oilers are gonna be absolutely lethal with McDavid/Draisaitl/Klefbom/Talbot going forward.

I can't see Draisaitl signing any offer sheet...Edmonton is looking like a future cup winner. Unless it's a crazy offer he isn't worth, Edmonton will and should match it.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Im sure Chia is pushing for a 7.5M deal making it 20M combined for the 2.
Drai camp is certainly seeking north of 8M.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
I can't see Draisaitl signing any offer sheet...Edmonton is looking like a future cup winner. Unless it's a crazy offer he isn't worth, Edmonton will and should match it.

MTL offers 11.5m x 8 years. Draisaitl becomes Saint-Dré and #1 superstar center for MTL.

They then have the "team" to go all the way (well, err, LHD... Eh, Price's 10.5m contract should be more than enough to cover a minor defensive hole).

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
MTL offers 11.5m x 8 years. Draisaitl becomes Saint-Dré and #1 superstar center for MTL.

They then have the "team" to go all the way (well, err, LHD... Eh, Price's 10.5m contract should be more than enough to cover a minor defensive hole).

In what world is Draisaitl worth 11.5m.

Bergevin is an idiot, but he's that that ****ing brainless. I can bet you my house that he doesn't get an offer close to that. Or more realistically, I can offer you an avatar bet lol.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Well I think Draisaitl will also be taking a discount, as I said in my OP.

So both their discounts can be going towards a 2nd liner. McDavid's discount was 2.5m and Draisait's will be about a million if he signs for 7m.

Well I guess we will see soon enough. The rumors were north of 8 for Drai but only time will tell now.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
In what world is Draisaitl worth 11.5m.

Bergevin is an idiot, but he's that that ****ing brainless. I can bet you my house that he doesn't get an offer close to that. Or more realistically, I can offer you an avatar bet lol.

Well, it might be the only way that Bergevin gets his 1C haha. But I like the avatar bet (knowing I'll most-likely lose, though I could live with a crappy avatar haha - but the chance of you losing your all-star, though awesome, avatar sounds just too good to be true).

PennDanzig

R.I.P. PIMP C
Mar 1, 2016
8x8 would be beneficial for both player and team. Maybe get gets a bridge deal though.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
Why would he sign a worse contract than Kuzneztov? He is a much better player

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
McDavid gave a small discount, I think Draisaitl will as well and sign for 56m over 8 years (7m AAV)

Not sure where exactly this idea is coming from.

He has the highest cap hit in the league by $2M coming off his ELC, with plenty of years as an RFA left.

He got a full ticket contract, arguing that he could have asked for more is silly because as an RFA his ability to do so is severely limited for the next 4-5 years...

Last edited:

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Not sure where exactly this idea is coming from.

He has the highest cap hit in the league by $2M coming off his ELC, with plenty of years as an RFA left.

He got a full ticket contract, arguing that he could have asked for more is sill because as an RFA his ability to do so is severely limited for the next 4-5 years...

All 31 teams would be ready to throw 14m at him if that's what it would take to sign him, and he knows that.

Let's not pretend 12.5m isn't a discount just because it's expensive.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo

He's good, but he's not THAT good, and definitely not a superstar player. You would see that should that actually happen. He's not nearly an 11.5m player (1m less than McDavid, the best player of this generation, is a complete joke), and never will be. But if you want to overpay at least 3.5m per year, be my guest. Those 4 first round picks are going to be higher than you think if you're counting on just Price and Drai to lead you far -- plus the cap hit of an 11.5m Drai and 10.5m Price (22m on just one goalie and one center, who's not a super-star -- that's a BIG chunk of your cap) is going to put you in cap hell and unable to build a winner, so we'll love taking some fantastic, cost-controlled talent to put around McDavid with those four high picks. :D

Last edited:

Simonizer

Sep 23, 2015

He may get a sheet, use it as leverage but his best friend in Hockey is #97 and he knows that they have a chance to do something special in Edmonton.

Im sure Chia is pushing for a 7.5M deal making it 20M combined for the 2.
Drai camp is certainly seeking north of 8M.

20 mill for the two would be fantastic for the Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad