Draft talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
True.

I am doing some research now. I will be so mad if they take Pierre-Olivier Joseph, which I have seen a few mocks having him going to the Sharks. He seems like such a Sharks pick... potential shutdown defenseman with no offense.

Craig Button likes him, so that is a red flag seen by the ISS...

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)
I watched a fair bit of highlights on him and he's excellent on the boards. Reminds me of Hertl in that regard. I would be pleased with him at 19.

I don't think we'd pick him after giving up on Goldobin:

From FC:
He looks too lax or lazy at times. He has a tendency to glide through cornering and loop around the zone instead of starting and stopping to get pack into the play. His effort and drive must improve so that he can consistently be the guy carrying the play. While his defensive game still needs some work and his consistency really needs to be ironed out, Vesalainen’s speed, size, and offensive skill should still make him an alluring prospect in a weaker draft this year

Last edited:

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I don't think we'd pick him after giving up on Goldobin:

From FC:

I don't expect them to pick anyone we like, so I'm prepared for the worst. I hope they listen to Jux and take Ikonen in the second round though. He plays a 200 foot game and is very skilled. I think the only player the Sharks probably like that we all do is Suzuki, but he won't make it to us. We want Pettersson, Vesalainen, Necas, Andersson, Liljegren etc. while the Sharks want Poehling, Bowers, Thomas, Ratcliffe, Rasmussen, Hague etc. The only real hope I have right now is that the Sharks haven't drafted North American in the 1st round since Coyle.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
I don't expect them to pick anyone we like, so I'm prepared for the worst. I hope they listen to Jux and take Ikonen in the second round though. He plays a 200 foot game and is very skilled. I think the only player the Sharks probably like that we all do is Suzuki, but he won't make it to us. We want Pettersson, Vesalainen, Necas, Andersson, Liljegren etc. while the Sharks want Poehling, Bowers, Thomas, Ratcliffe, Rasmussen, Hague etc. The only real hope I have right now is that the Sharks haven't drafted North American in the 1st round since Coyle.

This is pretty much my opinion as well.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
My favorite was in the 2011 draft where literally every prospect's "comparable" was some Hall Of Fame stud. Then the Leafs drafted Tyler Biggs and his comparable was listed as Colby Armstrong. Of course it turned out even that was aiming high.

My favorite thing ever was when McDavis compared himself to Bozak. :laugh:

I want Suzuki. Later in the draft I want Pavel Shen, Morgan Geekie and Patrick Khodorenko (because he's from Walnut Creek)

I'm so bummed that he didn't develop well. At one point he was projected to be a top-10 pick on the Eichel/Matthews level. Completely fell off the map. He's be a good 7th rounder, even if it's just because he's from Walnut Creek.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
My favorite thing ever was when McDavis compared himself to Bozak. :laugh:

I'm so bummed that he didn't develop well. At one point he was projected to be a top-10 pick on the Eichel/Matthews level. Completely fell off the map. He's be a good 7th rounder, even if it's just because he's from Walnut Creek.

That's just how humble McDavid.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
**** it, I've decided, I only want the Sharks to draft Finnish players.

Vesalainen, Tolvanen, Ikonen, Jokiharju, Salo, Heponiemi, Luukonen, Moilanen.

That's 8 picks. Make it happen.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011

That could mean they're due.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad