Draft talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
I don't get it haha 13 points in 37 games this year and -8? He's 6'3 185 ish though, is that what people like?

He is one of the youngest player in NCAA hockey, so you gotta give him credit for it. Poehling may not be the most gifted in offence , but his two way play is really something else.

If we must pick a two way C, I would not have a problem with Poehling, or Bowers at all.

At least he is not Robert Thomas.

And by the way, Josh Morris could be a Sharks pick, don't blink.

Last edited:

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

This guy models his game after Toews, so Sharks should take him in the second round. We need those intangibles, also he's pretty good.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
David Farrance, a teammate of Norris is an intriguing 2nd round selection.

Also I'm slightly biased, but I made an EHM game last year and David Farrance ended up being a #1 D with like maxed out stats.

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
David Farrance, a teammate of Norris is an intriguing 2nd round selection.

Also I'm slightly biased, but I made an EHM game last year and David Farrance ended up being a #1 D with like maxed out stats.
David Farrance is pretty good. But I am higher on his teammate Max Gildon.

Big time boom bust player, we might as well swing for the fences. Solid pick for 49.

If we want someone with safer floor, I like guys like Josh Brook, Dylan Samberg etc.

Jokiharju will not be there at 49, I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone in the 20.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Man I completely forgot the reason we don't have a 3rd this year is we traded for Maxim Letunov last year.

I don't think that's completely true. We got a 3rd for Sadowy and used that 3rd and a 4th on Letunov. If anything, he's the reason we didn't have a 4th until monday.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
:laugh: Horvat is awful at defense, so we'd be drafting a guy who's bad at everything.

For real. Thomas seems okay (he's pretty young so him only being a point a game this year doesn't bother me as much) but there should be better options at 19. I'm still holding out hope one of Petterson, Suzuki or Necas falls to us.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I just hope that they stay away from the player comps tonight, but that's where all of the hot takes come in. So, I'm expecting them. Player comps are so stupid.

Considering they have been there as long as the draft has been around. I think you have a better chance of winning the lottery without actually playing.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
"Bo Horvat without the offense" sounds ****ing horrible.

:laugh: Horvat is awful at defense, so we'd be drafting a guy who's bad at everything.

Well .. I should rephrase and say that his play style is similar to Horvat. He has less offensive upside to Horvat.

I just hope that they stay away from the player comps tonight, but that's where all of the hot takes come in. So, I'm expecting them. Player comps are so stupid.

The Horvat comparison is one that Thomas himself agree with. But in general, yeah, they are pretty useless when comparing NHL players to 17-18 year old kids.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Considering they have been there as long as the draft has been around. I think you have a better chance of winning the lottery without actually playing.

My favorite was in the 2011 draft where literally every prospect's "comparable" was some Hall Of Fame stud. Then the Leafs drafted Tyler Biggs and his comparable was listed as Colby Armstrong. Of course it turned out even that was aiming high.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

True.

I am doing some research now. I will be so mad if they take Pierre-Olivier Joseph, which I have seen a few mocks having him going to the Sharks. He seems like such a Sharks pick... potential shutdown defenseman with no offense.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I want Suzuki. Later in the draft I want Pavel Shen, Morgan Geekie and Patrick Khodorenko (because he's from Walnut Creek)

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Owen Tippett at 19! I know folks here arent high on him but hes a pure sniper, pair him with Meier and the boom/bust offensive potential is intriguing.

I think he'll be gone based off of what I'm reading. I have never seen any of these guys play, nor have I researched these guys before today. But he sounds like a player in a meh draft that could go in the top 10.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The thing people seem to forget about player comps is that they usually aren't "this draftee will have this guy's career arc." The usual point of them is to illustrate play style in comparison to someone that most fans are going to know. That's why they tend toward comparing prospects to star or HOF-level players.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I think he'll be gone based off of what I'm reading. I have never seen any of these guys play, nor have I researched these guys before today. But he sounds like a player in a meh draft that could go in the top 10.

He is supposed to have the best shot in the draft and is one of the best, if not the best, pure goal scorer. His issues appear to be a puck watching, floating when away from the puck. Even if he does make it to us, I will be shocked if we pick him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad