Here is your lineup:

Eichel-Eichel-Eichel
Eichel-Eichel-Eichel
Eichel-Eichel-Eichel
Eichel-Eichel-Eichel

Bogosian-Bogosian
Bogosian-Bogosian
Bogosian-Bogosian

You have to decide between drafting Middletstadt and Timmons. Who do you choose?

This is a realistic scenario...

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I don't foresee and way Dahlin isn't the number one pick unless the team picking just really wants a centre to build around, he's too good of a player to not live up to expectations.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I don't foresee and way Dahlin isn't the number one pick unless the team picking just really wants a centre to build around, he's too good of a player to not live up to expectations.

Major injury, another guy rips off a monster year, the draft rankings are tenuous at best.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
And I'm pretty sure all that has been taken into account by saying he's better than makar. Dude went 3oa, dahlin is going 1oa ATM.

I recognize that he said he is better. But the two shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath. Makar is a fine prospect who went 4OA in a weak draft. Dahlin is looking like a generational defence prospect.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
When has an elite prospect had a career ending injury in their draft year?

Even a career altering injury is a remote possibility.

Well ofcourse, but it was in response to a poster who brought up injuries and ranking being "tenuous" which is true but not when you are talking about a player like Dahlin.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm not the one that brought it up

All I'm saying is that the more likely reasons for Dahlin to drop would be an injury that isn't career altering, but unfortunately timed (like Liljegren's mono last season & Patrick's injuries), and the everyone is watching affect that has caused guys like say Jakob Chychrun to fall.

He could definitely go wire to wire like McDavid, Matthews, etc.

But, he could get passed like Patrick, etc.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
All I'm saying is that the more likely reasons for Dahlin to drop would be an injury that isn't career altering, but unfortunately timed (like Liljegren's mono last season & Patrick's injuries), and the everyone is watching affect that has caused guys like say Jakob Chychrun to fall.

He could definitely go wire to wire like McDavid, Matthews, etc.

But, he could get passed like Patrick, etc.

I HIGHLY doubt he is going to drop, even with injury and poor play. There hasnt been a prospect like him on the backend in some time.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

I wouldn't call that significant. Lost a month and it was just a busted hand.

I'm thinking someone like Galy, who is expected to be one maybe 2 and blows out a knee. He's the closest I can think of and he was never a lock for one.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Note to GMBOT: Sabres must draft Jack Drury. Best US forward in the tourney. Ted's son. Chris is his uncle. Family resemblance is clear.

Must happen. :yo:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
If ever there was a year to acquire an extra 1st round pick this is it. There will be defensemen in the early 20s this year that I think would have went top 10 last year.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
If ever there was a year to acquire an extra 1st round pick this is it. There will be defensemen in the early 20s this year that I think would have went top 10 last year.

Kane at the TDL makes it a pretty good possibility we'll have one.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

Agree

Kane at the TDL makes it a pretty good possibility we'll have one.

Also agree. That's the trade which makes the most sense to me right now. I predict the Kings or Nashville.

Warning: I will be irrational about the Sabres drafting Jack Drury. Any argument to sway me otherwise will be ignored, or countered immediately, regardless of facts. That is all. :laugh:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I hope we get Kane for a late 1st.

So many good players available in the 1st round of this draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad