Speculation: Draft Talk, 2018: Picks 1, 32, 94, 117, 125, 156, 187

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-rangers-roster-decisions-huge-impact-nhl/

30. Potential 2018 No. 1 draft pick Rasmus Dahlin is on Sweden’s roster for the Karjala Cup. At 17, he is seven years younger than the next-youngest player on the roster (Mikael Wikstrand). At the very least, it puts him on the radar for the Olympics in addition to the World Juniors. The last player I can find who went to the World Juniors and Olympics in the same year? Luca Sbisa for Switzerland in 2010.

www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnets-2018-nhl-draft-prospect-rankings-november/

Sportsnet’s 2018 NHL Draft Prospect Rankings: November

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
nah you guys might be in the need for Dahlin
That first overall ping pong ball is as good as ours!
Just like McDavid!
Just like Crosby!
wpzC4pv.gif
]

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
There’s so many high end Dmen beyond Rasmus Dahlin this year, sure he’s an exceptional talent but there’s about 5 guys that might end up as top 10 picks.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Brady Tkachuk will fall and Botts will fall for the temptation. And then it turns out we got the lesser of two brothers, again.

He'd still be a hell of an add and more importantly would fill an organizational need of skilled grit once kaNE is gone.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I only really half-watched #43 Q.Hughes shifts in the Mittelstadt games, but this one left an impression -- toe drag turnover plus lazy backcheck equal an odd-man rush and GA:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Yikes that’s inexcusable compete level from Hughes. If you’re the guy to turn the puck over like that you better be busting your ass to get back. He didn’t even try.

I’d totally expect Quinn Hughes to be highly regarded with the Sabres, Botterill seems to love the NCAA and Hughes is playing for Michigan, while being a coveted puck moving blue liner.

Last edited:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Dream scenario would be to get a D in the top 10, and get another D in the first round from a Kane trade or moving up. Then another D in the second round. Drafting 3 D in the top 40 would be amazing....

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Noah Dobson is a guy who come January could be pushing his way into the discussion as second best D available.

On the other end I want to stay far away from Jared McIsaac, kid just seems like a Colton Teubert type of pick. I just don’t see the hype.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm still aboard the Boqvist train. Figure he'll go Makar and not be there after the balls ping the Sabres up their pong.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If that happens, it'll be onto Hughes, Smith, McIsaac, and Dobson. There's depth.

Yeah, I know... just partial to him at this point. That may change, I like McIsaac from a brief viewing, don't like Hughes so much after watching three Wolverines games over the last few weekends. *shrug*

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Yeah, I know... just partial to him at this point. That may change, I like McIsaac from a brief viewing, don't like Hughes so much after watching three Wolverines games over the last few weekends. *shrug*

After Dahlin, I really like Boqvist and McIsaac. Pretty confident the Sabres can snag one.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
If I'm rating defenders right now, compared to who the Sabres should pick based on draft placement:

1st overall. Dahlin. No way the Sabres get this pick, and no way he falls from 1st or 2nd overall.

Top 5 pick: Boqvist. Hope that teams ahead of Buffalo really like Zadina, Kupari, and Tkachuk.

Top ten pick: Samuelsson, Hughes, Smith, Dobson

Top 15 pick: McIsaac, Wilde, Miller

Do not want: Merkley. I watched him a couple times. Looks like a selfish player. Not interested in defense at all. Might be better at wing.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Yikes that’s inexcusable compete level from Hughes. If you’re the guy to turn the puck over like that you better be busting your ass to get back. He didn’t even try.

I’d totally expect Quinn Hughes to be highly regarded with the Sabres, Botterill seems to love the NCAA and Hughes is playing for Michigan, while being a coveted puck moving blue liner.
People have also compared him to Kris Letang

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad