Speculation: Draft Talk, 2018: Picks 1, 32, 94, 117, 125, 156, 187

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
So those who've been looking in on Pu, what thoughts on overager Linus Nyman?

Haven't seen him as much this year, but from what I have heard and briefly seen he has progressed as expected.

He was a guy I saw a lot of last year and was hoping we would take a shot on him in the mid-late rounds. Good speed, some pretty nice offensive skills. Last year every game I saw he would create so much offense but have trouble finishing (so nice to see the up-tick in production this year). Besides generating lots of offense, I never saw anything out of him that made me think he could become a good NHL role player, especially with his size. Not sold he has the top-6 skill set or the intagibles that make for a good bottom-6 guy eithdr.

That being said the game is moving towards faster, skilled players regardless of size obviously. Pretty big longshot, but still a guy I would be looking at taking a chance on in the late rounds if he is still around.

Reactions: Chainshot

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Forwards:
Svech
Wahlstrom
Zadina
Tkachuk
Farabee

Defensemen:
Dahlin
Bouchard
Hughes
Boqvist
Dobson

Overall: Team (after lottery)
1. Dahlin - Detroit
2. Svetch - Arizona
3. Zadina - Montreal
4. Bouchard - Vancouver
5. Hughes - Buffalo
6. Boqvist - Ottawa
7. Wahlstrom - Chicago
8. Tkachuk - Edmonton
9. Farabee - NY Rangers
10. Dobson - NY Islanders

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Svech, Tkachuk and Dahlin are probably NHL players next year.

Any others?

I also think Bouchard could be the second best defenceman in the draft.

Last edited:

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Up to date measurements could be interesting--I note that Boqvist is almost year younger than Hughes or Bouchard. Height and strength could be skewed slightly by this when making comparisons....

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Haven't seen him as much this year, but from what I have heard and briefly seen he has progressed as expected.

He was a guy I saw a lot of last year and was hoping we would take a shot on him in the mid-late rounds. Good speed, some pretty nice offensive skills. Last year every game I saw he would create so much offense but have trouble finishing (so nice to see the up-tick in production this year). Besides generating lots of offense, I never saw anything out of him that made me think he could become a good NHL role player, especially with his size. Not sold he has the top-6 skill set or the intagibles that make for a good bottom-6 guy eithdr.

That being said the game is moving towards faster, skilled players regardless of size obviously. Pretty big longshot, but still a guy I would be looking at taking a chance on in the late rounds if he is still around.

Thanks. Just looking at the possible OAs this year.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Forwards:
Svech
Wahlstrom
Zadina
Tkachuk
Farabee

Defensemen:
Dahlin
Bouchard
Hughes
Boqvist
Dobson

Overall: Team (after lottery)
1. Dahlin - Detroit
2. Svetch - Arizona
3. Zadina - Montreal
4. Bouchard - Vancouver
5. Hughes - Buffalo
6. Boqvist - Ottawa
7. Wahlstrom - Chicago
8. Tkachuk - Edmonton
9. Farabee - NY Rangers
10. Dobson - NY Islanders
I am not super high on Tkachuk
But would take him 5th in your draft scenario.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Forwards:
Svech
Zadina
Tkachuk
Wahlstrom
Kotkaniemi

Defense:
Dahlin
Bochard
Boquvist
Dobson
Hughes

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Dahlin

Svech

Brady

Hughes

The rest of the dmen are all appealing and non guarentees. I'
Like any but won't Fret over the differences.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Why the love for Hughes.
He seems really high risk project.
I see a fast and flashy player with
Questionable desicionmaking.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I think if we don't get the 1st overall it doesn't matter if we get pick through 2-7 we will get either one Boqvist, Bouchard, Hughes or Svech, Zadina and Tkachuk

In my opinion they are interchangeable in the drafting order depending on need/like

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I think if we don't get the 1st overall it doesn't matter if we get pick through 2-7 we will get either one Boqvist, Bouchard, Hughes or Svech, Zadina and Tkachuk

In my opinion they are interchangeable in the drafting order depending on need/like

Your opinion they may be interchangeable, but I would guess 3 years from now the guy selected 2nd is significantly better then the guy selected 5th or 6th. I won’t lose sleep over it, but it definitely matters whether we select 2nd or 5th.

Last edited:

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe

By all account Svech is a class above the rest.
It's
3-8
I hope we are in the 1-2 category somehow

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Lottery still sucks and it sucks ever more now. I'm sure when some of the oldschool owners who hold Bettman's puppet strings get screwed over a few times, things will shift.
It's gotta be Montreal. Historically, if something bad happens to the Habs, there are changes within a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad