Draft simulator/mock draft

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I clicked 6 times and the Oilers finally cracked the top 10 with the to pick. I would love to see Barkov on the Oilers, his size, skill and able to play both sides of the rink. Scary team. If we get the 1st over all pick I say we trade it as teams would love to get McKinnon and we could get our number 2C and dman that we need.

A reminder that CBJ have LA and NYR picks.

I think in a perfect world, we win the lottery, and CBJ ends up with 2 top 10 picks, and we flip them the 1st. Can you imagine ending up with say Jones and Monahan?

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I think in a perfect world, we win the lottery, and CBJ ends up with 2 top 10 picks, and we flip them the 1st. Can you imagine ending up with say Jones and Monahan?

I've been thinking of other interesting scenarios. Say we won the lottery and MTL was also in the top 5. Would you trade Yak for their pick (assuming Drouin is still on the board) and a prospect (say Tinordi)? They re-unite Galy and Yak, we put together MacKinnon and Drouin (as well as get a big potential shutdown Dman).

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
Unless by some miracle you walk out of this draft with Jones I think it is almost a necessity to come away with one of the centers. So many talented, big centers in this draft. It is almost impossible to believe that there will not be an option available if you are in the top 20. If not use the assets the team has in the bag to move up.

sorry, but i don't want to be trading prospects away when we don't yet know what we have. price for one of the top centers in the 2013 draft would be too steep, IMO.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Give me Gauthier. 6'5 can skate and stick handle that also bring a 2 way game.

Redwood Original

El Presidente
May 3, 2007
Thing about Lazar is, he'd be a steal at 27. He may not be putting up the points many scouts would like to see from him, but his overall game is tremendous. He plays in all situations ES, PP, PK, can play center or wing.

This is a kid who is being undervalued due to his 'lack' of production, which is fair, considering his offensive game is what got him most of his attention in the first place.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Living out here I obviously havent been able to see him much, but everytime I've watched him play I have never been impressed with Zach Fucale.

Oct 15, 2008
Living out here I obviously havent been able to see him much, but everytime I've watched him play I have never been impressed with Zach Fucale.

Neither have I, but again, I havent seen him play much and never live. Tristan Jarry has tied the season record for shutouts by an Oil King's tender (3) and there is still roughly half a season to go.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Neither have I, but again, I havent seen him play much and never live. Tristan Jarry has tied the season record for shutouts by an Oil King's tender (3) and there is still roughly half a season to go.

I would be a happy man if we could walk away with Lazar and Jarry at the 2013 Draft. He could be the best goaltender in this draft.

Blacktape

Aug 3, 2003
Saskatoon
Barkov, Nurse, Gauthier all have talent along with size. I'm liking what I hear about Nurse. Hope to see him in the prospects game.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Any team drafting in the top 15 could get a franchise type player this year. They won't all turn out of course... but there are so many really solid talents there this year. Last year only Yakupov really stood out clearly above the rest but this year there are many more elite looking players.

It's actually a great situation for the Oilers... if there's any year where you don't have to be a bottom 5 team to still get a really great draft pick this is it.

Tank Mode/ :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad