GDT: Draft Lotto - Rollin for Nolan. 8(ish)PM. DEVILS PICK 1ST OVERALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
And I only see Shero doing it with the intention to either try and land a bigger fish in a trade or trade back into the first.

Really depends on how they feel about the later draft board and how much they can get. Depends where Vanc ends up too.

The hope would be Vancouver doesn't end up too far back.

Hypothetically, if the Devils end up #1 and the Canucks end up #3, do you take #3 + Virtanen (?) + 2017 3rd? Still get your pick of the second tier, pick up a close-to-NHL ready RW, and another pick.

Obviously, a lot of hypotheticals here, but we have little else to discuss. :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Hypothetically, if the Devils end up #1 and the Canucks end up #3, do you take #3 + Virtanen (?) + 2017 3rd? Still get your pick of the second tier, pick up a close-to-NHL ready RW, and another pick.

Obviously, a lot of hypotheticals here, but we have little else to discuss. :laugh:

I don't think I do that deal if it is Virtanen.

I'm not sure they have enough to make a deal work IMO

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
What could the Canucks possibly offer that would interest us...an unprotected 1st rounder next year and??? They're about as barren as we are.

depends on where the canucks end up being. Say devils get 1st, canucks get 2nd. I'd happily move the 1st for their first plus their 1st next yr. would they? who knows.

If canucks have the 5th, I'm not sure.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I don't think I do that deal if it is Virtanen.

I'm not sure they have enough to make a deal work IMO

I think its enough to consider, depends what you think of Virtanen. Just can't see them dealing their second and Virtanen's probably the most interesting piece they would move.

depends on where the canucks end up being. Say devils get 1st, canucks get 2nd. I'd happily move the 1st for their first plus their 1st next yr. would they? who knows.

If canucks have the 5th, I'm not sure.

I don't think Vancouver will be foolish enough to trade their first round pick next year where the top of the draft looks to have the elite talent this one doesn't.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think its enough to consider, depends what you think of Virtanen.

I don't think Vancouver will be foolish enough to trade their first round pick next year where the top of the draft looks to have the elite talent this one doesn't.

Same, but at the same time I'm not sure I take anything less.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Is the draft lottery going to be televised as part of the pregame of the penguins game?

Neither do I, but apparently vancouver is extremely high on patrick and I'm not trading the 1st overall for anything less from them (other than some of their prospects whom they def. won't trade).

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
There's no way that the difference between 3rd and 1st is Boeser.

I mean, it depends on the draft board.

If Devils have Mittlestadt #1 on their board, then trading from #1 to #3 could be seen as picking up a free asset. Or if they have Mittlestadt #2 and aren't sold on Patrick at #1, then it could make sense depending on the asset.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
1) Devils
2) Vegas
3) Avs

Possibly the first time I've made an optimistic post on here.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

I do that deal so fast the heads spin on everyone in British Columbia.

That's not to say Canucks GM Jim Benning would make such a deal. He made some great trades at the deadline and fleeced the Panthers for Gudbranson in the off-season. He's far from an ideal GM, but he's solid at trading.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
So we're due in other words lol

Of course we did acquire at least two #1 overalls in trades.

Kovy, Hall, Mel Bridgeman (1975). Not sure if any others.

Rob Ramage was 1st overall in 79 for the Rockies, who later became the Devils, but not quite the same ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad