Draft Lottery time and channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxertim

Mar 21, 2014
winnipeg
I must be losing my mind....I can't find it when I scan ahead to Saturday. I've looked at every channel and looked through each time slot.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
"NEW YORK - The 2016 NHL Draft Lottery, which will determine the order of selection for the first 14 picks in the first round of the 2016 NHL Draft, will be held on Saturday, April 30, at Sportsnet's Hockey Central Studio at the Canadian Broadcasting Centre in Toronto. The results of the Draft Lottery will be announced during live television coverage of the event (8:00 p.m. ET, NBC, CBC, TVAS). Both the Draft Lottery Drawing and the broadcast will take place at the CBC." -NHL website https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-draft-lottery-format-details/c-280501578?tid=277764372

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
"NEW YORK - The 2016 NHL Draft Lottery, which will determine the order of selection for the first 14 picks in the first round of the 2016 NHL Draft, will be held on Saturday, April 30, at Sportsnet's Hockey Central Studio at the Canadian Broadcasting Centre in Toronto. The results of the Draft Lottery will be announced during live television coverage of the event (8:00 p.m. ET, NBC, CBC, TVAS). Both the Draft Lottery Drawing and the broadcast will take place at the CBC." -NHL website https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-draft-lottery-format-details/c-280501578?tid=277764372

The Pittsburgh Washington game is on at 8:00ET (7:00 CT)

From the CBC Manitoba program guide above

6:00PM Hockey Central Saturday (HD) - Draft Lottery

7:00PM HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA ON CBC: STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS (HD) - Game 2 - Pittsburgh @ Washington; Round Two - Conference Semi Finals
Round Two - Conference Semi Finals Game 2 - Pittsburgh @ Washington (Live Full Network) (HD where available)

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
The Pittsburgh Washington game is on at 8:00ET (7:00 CT)

From the CBC Manitoba program guide above

6:00PM Hockey Central Saturday (HD) - Draft Lottery

7:00PM HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA ON CBC: STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS (HD) - Game 2 - Pittsburgh @ Washington; Round Two - Conference Semi Finals
Round Two - Conference Semi Finals Game 2 - Pittsburgh @ Washington (Live Full Network) (HD where available)

I guess so, either way I'll be glued to the tv for the evening with a bowl of popcorn :popcorn:

Wedgeden

Mar 31, 2012
Everywhere else except for CBC says 8:00 ET (7pm CT).
So I'm assuming on CBC...

6-7pm CST - George Stroumboulopoulos talking about the draft lottery.
7-715 CST - Actual draft lottery
7:20 CST - Delayed game start.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Everywhere else except for CBC says 8:00 ET (7pm CT).
So I'm assuming on CBC...

6-7pm CST - George Stroumboulopoulos talking about the draft lottery.
7-715 CST - Actual draft lottery
7:20 CST - Delayed game start.

My NHL App says 7:00 CT for the hockey game. Sportsnet has also been running trailers for the draft lottery with Sinatra music that says 7:00 ET

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I don't think I'm going to watch, Maybe, depending on what time i get back from the LAKE tomorrow but, honestly, I don't think watching these things live are worth it, I remember watching last year's draft lotto live and i get it's a different format but i felt a little underwhelmed and quite frankly, bored while watching it. Gave me kind of a headache. Lots of talk, not much else. Maybe it would be better with the JETS in it, but... doubt it. It's still just a whole lot of talk with a whole lot of nothing else. I hope the Jets win a top 3 spot, that would be fantastic... but... I'm not really holding my breath.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Imagine if the Jets win first overall pick it will be the only time since picking Hawerchuk in 1981. This will be Portage and Main party time significance

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Luck Be a Lady - 2016 NHL Draft Lottery...
vimeo.com00:30
According to this commercial its 7:00 eastern time. Notice how they did not use include the Jet fans needing luck.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014

Good. Winnipeg is well-represented there. Maybe Rosemary Barton and Andrew Coyne can get the fix in for us.

Even then, People going to Portage and Main over winning a draft lotto seems pretty ridiculous actually. For all we know, Jets are one of the teams who have Laine ranked higher.

I think that's unlikely. Cheveldayoff's answer to the question of what he'd do if they won the lottery was basically "cartwheels", from which I inferred that they have one player head and shoulders above the others. Those with Laine ahead have him so by an inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad