Draft Lists Rounds 4-7 Submission

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Tampa list sent in last night. Hopefully I get the #1 and #2 guy on my list, not sure if they will last to the 7th round however.

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
LA list submitted. I researched for these rounds more than any other year, hopefully it pays off

Well I researched LESS than any other year so I'm expecting lots of "I don't know what Drew was thinking with this pick" type comments in the future ;)

Honestly I wasn't that bad but there had to be something like 100-150 guys I did look into that I didn't even feel were worth my 7th rounder so the list was REALLY short. What's even scarier is I didn't want a goalie but they were less appalling than the other guys so a bunch made the list AND I threw in some 'homer' type guys (like Scott Tanski) just to get to a list of 50 and so I'd be assured of not having to go the best remaining CSB route.

It's been a long time since I felt so indifferent about a draft crop. Next year's going to be scary.

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Well it's after 4:00 and no results yet.... WTF Brock?!? :sarcasm:

Really. Given Ryan and Brock own practically all the picks for rounds 4 and 5 he really doesn't have to look through a lot of lists :laugh:

That should leave the rest of the non-OHL guys to the rest of us.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Well it's after 4:00 and no results yet.... WTF Brock?!? :sarcasm:

It's six thirty EST. Talked to the esteemed Mr. Brock Otten and he's in the 5th round right now. Expect a release sometime around 3 hours from now. THANKS BROCK... appreciate the hard work!

Last edited:

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
It's six thirsty EST. Talked to the esteemed Mr. Brock Otten and he's in the 5th round right now. Expect a release sometime around 3 hours from now. THANKS BROCK... appreciate the hard work!

I was kidding of course :)

Brock does an awesome job with this stuff. I'm amazed he can get it done as quick as he does. :handclap:

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Brock is the absolute man. The guy is half machine. This is like Christmas for him, only full of hard work that nobody else wants to do and yet he still embraces the role. What a guy.

I hope that makes up for the fact that I jacked 3 or 4 overage OHL candidates that probably were a bit further down his own list than they were on mine, simply by virtue of reading his blog. :sarcasm:

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Brock is the absolute man. The guy is half machine. This is like Christmas for him, only full of hard work that nobody else wants to do and yet he still embraces the role. What a guy.

I hope that makes up for the fact that I jacked 3 or 4 overage OHL candidates that probably were a bit further down his own list than they were on mine, simply by virtue of reading his blog. :sarcasm:

Luke Judson definitely hurt. Wanted to take him with a 7th. Didn't think anyone else would have him very high.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Luke Judson definitely hurt. Wanted to take him with a 7th. Didn't think anyone else would have him very high.

I knew as soon as I saw the results that he was probably a guy you wanted to wait on a bit. I really started looking into him pretty hard after reading your Top 10 OHL overage blog post and noticed some really awesome things. He's going to be a player.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I knew as soon as I saw the results that he was probably a guy you wanted to wait on a bit. I really started looking into him pretty hard after reading your Top 10 OHL overage blog post and noticed some really awesome things. He's going to be a player.

Truthfully, I wanted him last year too, but didn't put him high enough. I believe he was the highest remaining player on my list not drafted in 2009, so if I only I had put him one higher on my list in 2009, we wouldn't be having this discussion!

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Truthfully, I wanted him last year too, but didn't put him high enough. I believe he was the highest remaining player on my list not drafted in 2009, so if I only I had put him one higher on my list in 2009, we wouldn't be having this discussion!

I am kind of surprised you didn't bite on Darren Archibald considering you rated him so highly, first to be exact, in your blog post. I was kind of scared away by the scouts being somewhat scared away from him. I think he may get drafted this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad