GDT: Draft Day 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
HP ranks Lambert 8/9 on compete. One of the best in the draft.
At the end of the day, I think Lambert might project more as a Todd Marchant than a true top liner. But I think he's going to be a good NHLer for a long time.
I don’t believe Lambert has a compete problem. I think he genuinely doesn’t know what to do.

Reactions: simonedvinsson

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
HP ranks Lambert 8/9 on compete. One of the best in the draft.
At the end of the day, I think Lambert might project more as a Todd Marchant than a true top liner. But I think he's going to be a good NHLer for a long time.
Lambert Absolutely does not lack compete; he grinds as hard as anyone in the top 10. He almost never actually wins the battles when I have watched though

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
So I was looking over the history of the NHL draft, and Detroit has not been the host of the NHL draft since 1987. 35 years since an original six team was able to host a draft in its arena. Detroit has won 4 cups since the last time they got to host.

Reactions: Reddwit

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Don't know ostlund like I knew seider. Didn't realize my post would begin such a commotion. I just know the person I know really likes ostlund, but don't know if that's who they are taking with either pick.

Sorry
Either pick?? So they are trading for a second 1st rounder?? :naughty: :sarcasm:

But for real....Ill only be annoyed if they go D who isnt Nemec. I would be very happy with Kasper, Nazar, Lekkerimaki, Savoie, Ostlund or Yurov. I can see a solid reason for taking any of those guys.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
European here, it will be midnight for us when we find out who goes to Detroit. Won't be logging into any social media streams tommorow because I dont want to get spoiled. The suspense is fun.

Will rewatch the Scouching draft stream for some good reactions and insights. Very hyped!

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
I'm happy with Nazar, Östlund, Savoie. Ok with Kasper, Ohgren, Lekkerimäki. Do not want: Gauthier, Gaucher, Geekie, Kemell, Snuggerud, or any of forwards masquerading as defensemen (Korchinski, Mintyukov, etc.)

Reactions: Realgud

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I don’t believe Lambert has a compete problem. I think he genuinely doesn’t know what to do.

Sounds like coaching problem.

Lambert Absolutely does not lack compete; he grinds as hard as anyone in the top 10. He almost never actually wins the battles when I have watched though

Sounds like developmental problem.
Lambert is what Zadina is right now - all the tools, but just can put it all together.

Sound like developmental problem.

Great prospect, who can find the right coaching environment for him.

Reactions: lilidk

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Send him to Frolunda or Rogle for a couple of years, it might do the trick. But I'd rather draft someone else anyways, it's a moot point.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
So I was looking over the history of the NHL draft, and Detroit has not been the host of the NHL draft since 1987. 35 years since an original six team was able to host a draft in its arena. Detroit has won 4 cups since the last time they got to host.

that draft hosts thing is weird to look at

as you said the Wings haven't hosted it since 1987(which was also the only time they ever hosted it), Boston has also only ever hosted it once and not since 1999, somehow the Rangers(or Islanders for that matter) have never hosted it yet Buffalo has 3 times and the Devils have once, Chicago has only ever hosted it once too(albeit in 2017), Toronto has hosted it twice and not since 2002

Montreal who is hosting it this year just hosted it in 2009 which is more recent than tons of teams, Ottawa a while back hosted it in 2005 and then again in 2009 for some reason

it all just feels so random looking at it

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Montreal who is hosting it this year just hosted it in 2009 which is more recent than tons of teams, Ottawa a while back hosted it in 2005 and then again in 2009 for some reason
Not trying to roast you for the typo. But it would've been impressive had Montreal and Ottawa both hosted in 2009.

Bring on the draft!

Reactions: ricky0034

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Will be very happy with Savoie, Nazar, Kasper , Gauthier.
Will be ok with Lekkerimaki, Lambert .
Will be surprised , but not upset with any of 4 defansman, Kemell . Ohgren , Geekie

Will be very happy with Savoie, Nazar, Kasper , Gauthier.
Will be ok with Lekkerimaki, Lambert .
Will be surprised , but not upset with any of 4 defansman, Kemell . Ohgren , Geekie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad