Draft Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

corbanSOG

Registered Loser
Apr 27, 2003
i am a very confused sharks fan.

but i gotta believe that doug wilson knows something the rest of us don't. but for now...wow. i'm shocked. and rather sad.

Pere Noel

Jul 18, 2005
Montreal's pick fits one guy's theory...

...to the effect that Montreal as of recently drafts the best of the draft "specific type of player"...

For instance, when they drafted Chipchura... he was the best gritty/two way player of the draft.

Kostitsyn was the one with the most talent in 2004

Higgins was the best two player

Komisarek was the best defenseman.

This year, the best goalie was available was Price. The best offensive center was obviously gone (Crosby), best wingers and best defensman as well.

I am not stating that Montreal does that systematicaly, but it does fit the theory that one guy mentioned in his past post.

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
"Atlanta really doesnt want this draft class."

All the more reason to take a player as early as possible instead of stocking up on possible mediocre 2nd round picks.

If they didnt like this draft, surely they would have traded for next years picks.

HF_Rangers

Jan 16, 2004
Winston-Salem, NC
Anytime a team gets the second best defenseman outside of the Top 10 is a good pick, and I'm not saying that because I'm a Rangers fan.

Atlanta, despite being a #16, has a nice couple of picks to work with.

The Maltais Falcon

Jan 9, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I'm excited about what Atlanta's doing. The farm is really thin on skilled forwards. Hopefully, we'll use all these picks in the first two rounds to load up on them.

HF_Rangers

Jan 16, 2004
Winston-Salem, NC
As a Rangers fan I'm upset the Isles didn't reach for a pick.

If you are an Islanders fan, you're jumping for joy since Ryan O'Marra is a steal at #15. Not to mention that the Thrashers were likely to pick him at #16, but they dropped too far. Great pick.

HF_Rangers

Jan 16, 2004
Winston-Salem, NC
Re: Sharks move

TSN was like WTF? to keep it short. They mentioned how some had Setoguchi outside of the 1st round and how he wasn't invited to the WJC camp for Canada. They saw no need to trade up to get him.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i'm really surprised at the caps pick...seems like everything said he was a 2nd rounder and they take him at 14...wow, he better be as good as they think or they missed out on some guys with good potential.

pretty decent move up and pick by the rangers...staal is solid

Baron Von Shark

Feb 21, 2003
CA
Visit site
Bourret should've rocked some pink patent leather shoes.

If anything, Sharks should've done something like Waddell if they wanted Setoguchi so much. Move down, grab some more picks, and still get the kid they want...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad