Prospect Info: Down On The Farm (Ads and Glads)

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Still no word on Taylor! I suppose Scott Ford would be most likely to just step up as HC, he has been an assistant for a lot of years there and could be ready for that challenge?
Did Taylor's contract expire or is he still signed for next season?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Still no word on Taylor! I suppose Scott Ford would be most likely to just step up as HC, he has been an assistant for a lot of years there and could be ready for that challenge?
Scott Ford is a nice guy and he has done a very good job with the Dmen in Milwaukee. However, if I ran the team, I would look for a person with HC experience. The Ads finished a step and a half away from winning the Calder Cup. The championship window is open!

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I thought that his has contract was expired. I could be wrong.

@Porter Stoutheart : As far as I know, Scott Nichol takes care of all GM matters in MKE.
I also assumed Taylor's contract expired. We heard he was a finalist for the Toronto AC job quite a while ago, but I guess NHL teams have been busy lately? Also, if Nelson was his main competition, maybe they had to wait for the Calder Cup final and festivities to end before they got to interview him (which could bode well for the Leafs taking Nelson and letting us keep Taylor! - sorry Karl!)

And yes, I know Nichol is Milwaukee GM, but we probably still have to sign a couple guys who will have NHL contracts - so he probably finds them (and would have also with Grosenick and Angello) but at some point you'd think Trotz would still need to rubber stamp any NHL contract? Whereas Nichol would have more carte blanche in signing the AHL-only deals - most of whom would be ticketed for Atlanta probably.

Nichol definitely still has work to do at both levels! (Probably he already has a bunch of guys already lined up and is just waiting while they filter through their various options and jockey for positions in the wake of yesterday's signings). I suspect we'll get a minor press release in the coming days of a little bundle of guys from his list who choose us.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Angelo signed a 2-way contract.

I assume for AHL contracts, that team President John Greenberg might also be involved since Harris Turer pays for those.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Angelo signed a 2-way contract.

I assume for AHL contracts, that team President John Greenberg might also be involved since Harris Turer pays for those.
Do you happen to think any of Ratcliffe, Rueschoff, Huntingdon, or Leonard would be worth bringing back? They weren't qualified, and are no doubt interested in exploring their options, but sometimes not issuing a QO is merely about not bumping their salary up, and then on their end they just want more than $70k or $80k on the minor league side of things. But if the team liked them, they could still be in the mix. I would think still for just NHL deals, since they're young enough and good enough other teams would be interested.

Then Schneider or Schaller coming back on AHL-only deals might be options?

Cal O'Reilly might have some recommendations too, since he has been playing steadily in the AHL these last several years.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Do you happen to think any of Ratcliffe, Huntingdon, or Leonard would be worth bringing back? They weren't qualified, and are no doubt interested in exploring their options, but sometimes not issuing a QO is merely about not bumping their salary up, and then on their end they just want more than $70k or $80k on the minor league side of things. But if the team liked them, they could still be in the mix. I would think still for just NHL deals, since they're young enough and good enough other teams would be interested.

Cal O'Reilly might have some recommendations too, since he has been playing steadily in the AHL these last several years.
I would like all three back. Ratcliffe is another Trenin, Huntington is a sniper and a hitter. Leonard is smaller, but crafty on the ice. Ratty can play in the NHL thanks to his size.

Schneider was hurt, but he is a good team Captain. Schaller disappeared during the playoffs. He might have been hurt or maybe the other Milwaukee / Nashville returnees bumped him out of the lineup.

The last 4 seasons, Cal played in the EC of the AHL and Milwaukee is in the WC.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Do you happen to think any of Ratcliffe, Rueschoff, Huntingdon, or Leonard would be worth bringing back? They weren't qualified, and are no doubt interested in exploring their options, but sometimes not issuing a QO is merely about not bumping their salary up, and then on their end they just want more than $70k or $80k on the minor league side of things. But if the team liked them, they could still be in the mix. I would think still for just NHL deals, since they're young enough and good enough other teams would be interested.

I'd like Ratcliffe back if there's a spot. He increased his production when he came over after the trade. I liked something about him.

Reactions: adsfan

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Molendyk looks legit. Quick, stops on a dime, great hands. Fink the other really impressive kid, especially when you factor in his age.
When they did that trade the other day, I thought about what if either of those two picks become a legit NHL player, what a story that will be

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I don't want to pile on Wood. I'm sure he'd tell you it was not his best practice. He was frustrated with himself. I will say he seems like an intense guy, very self reflective. Boro was trying to keep it light with him and he was all business.
I mean he did live with Bedard for a while and that sounds like how he described him. Maybe he picked up some of that.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'm sure he is feeling a bit of added pressure too being he was the 1st pick. That's probably why Boro was trying to lighten things up, he knew the kid was putting too much on himself.

Nothing wrong with being serious about the job, I like that, but can't forget to enjoy things a bit either.
Yeah he needs to accept that he isn't going to make or break his career this week.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I'm sure he is feeling a bit of added pressure too being he was the 1st pick. That's probably why Boro was trying to lighten things up, he knew the kid was putting too much on himself.

Nothing wrong with being serious about the job, I like that, but can't forget to enjoy things a bit either.
I am sure this week was a whirl wind. I'll say practice wasn't very full from a fan perspective. I stood shoulder to shoulder at the glass with Crispy. It was entertaining listening to him tell stories.

Reactions: predhead1

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Dunno what happened with Jasper Weatherby last season, his numbers fell off a cliff on San Jose's farm team, after he had previously filled in for 50 games in the NHL. He was on the UND team with Cole Smith for a while. Kinda think we could use a couple more high-profile C/RW types down there still.

John Leonard signed with Arizona, btw.

Egor Afanaseyev - Fedor Svechkov - Joakim Kemell
Zachary L'Heureux - Nolan Burke - x
Reid Schaefer - ?McCarron/Jankowski? - Anthony Angello
Navrin Mutter - Jasper Weatherby - x
Cal O'Reilly*
Jachym Kondelik
Tye Felhaber*

Marc Del Gaizo - Jake Livingstone
Spencer Stastney - Jordan Gross
Kevin Gravel - Roland McKeown
Adam Wilsby - Luke Prokop
Keaton Thompson* - Jack Matier

Yaroslav Askarov
Troy Grosenick
Gustav Grigals*

* = AHL contract only

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Dunno what happened with Jasper Weatherby last season, his numbers fell off a cliff on San Jose's farm team, after he had previously filled in for 50 games in the NHL. He was on the UND team with Cole Smith for a while. Kinda think we could use a couple more high-profile C/RW types down there still.

John Leonard signed with Arizona, btw.

Egor Afanaseyev - Fedor Svechkov - Joakim Kemell
Zachary L'Heureux - Nolan Burke - x
Reid Schaefer - ?McCarron/Jankowski? - Anthony Angello
Navrin Mutter - Jasper Weatherby - x
Jachym Kondelik
Tye Felhaber*

Marc Del Gaizo - Jake Livingstone
Spencer Stastney - Jordan Gross
Kevin Gravel - Roland McKeown
Adam Wilsby - Luke Prokop
Keaton Thompson* - Jack Matier

Yaroslav Askarov
Troy Grosenick
Gustav Grigals*

* = AHL contract only
Obviously a surplus of D. I'm guessing Prokop goes to the Glads

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Obviously a surplus of D. I'm guessing Prokop goes to the Glads
Probably him and Matier both.

Nice thing about having the Glads connection is if guys aren't quite ready, they don't have to sit in the pressbox in Milwaukee they can go get their minutes there. Same for Kondelik or any lesser forwards who aren't quite making an AHL-level impact.

UFA guys like Denis Malgin, Josh Leivo, Riley Barber, if they were looking for work I'd knock on their door. Can't promise them NHL looks, but hey, they can check out our lineup and decide for themselves if they think they could get a few NHL paychecks once in a while as injury fill-ins? Job openings are getting slim...

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I thought we signed him as a coach??
Yeah, that's what Trotz seemed to think. Maybe they just figured wth, he'll be on the ice with them mentoring anyway, might as well let him play sometimes. Sort of in the Schaller role, I guess. But he'll be turning 37 and got 5 goals in the AHL last year, so his time on the ice might be extremely limited.
:dunno:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yeah, that's what Trotz seemed to think. Maybe they just figured wth, he'll be on the ice with them mentoring anyway, might as well let him play sometimes. Sort of in the Schaller role, I guess. But he'll be turning 37 and got 5 goals in the AHL last year, so his time on the ice might be extremely limited.
:dunno:
I get the feeling he is there for the same role his brother is in Nashville.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad