Rumor: Dorion to be fired [Update: unsubstantiated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
lol if chiarelli is the new gm this new owner is off to bad start and in my bad books already.. what a disaster move it would be to promote that fing moron.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Shoot, didn't think of that. I don't know the answer but I guess there is the potential he wouldn't be there anyways.
This may have played into the Martian's calculus....

It's just like those horoscope writers. They know exactly how to make accurate "predictions".

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Chiarelli just needs to be professional, treat his staff right, follow the rules, and put the finishing touches on this team. 90% of the core is locked up, there are prospects in the system... I think he can be alright. He blew it in Edmonton but he's not a stupid man.
Hey man, as always, if he is in fact the new GM (it's all a rumor at this point). I hope he does a great job. I want this team to win. I don't want another management group to shit on. I will give him all the opportunities in the world to change my perspective on him. At this moment, I would rather have a different GM, but I am not in charge, so I will roll with whomever they hire. If that new GM sucks ass at his job, I will call a spade a spade like I always do.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
You're overreacting because Dorion is getting fired - let your hearth do the talking
You told the other guy I was overreacting because I said Dorion was out and Chiarelli was in. That is literally the rumour this thread is about. So I don't understand how I am overreacting.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

Chiarelli was bad for the Oilers. Dude was awful. Set the team back years.

I would watch press conferences from him and he seemed so clueless about the Team. Like he wasnt even watching the Team he was a GM for. There were rumours that came out later that he had kind of separated himself from large portions of the team. It was clearly evident that him and McLellan were never on the same page. I hope for Ottawa fans sake, that Chiarelli just stays as an advisor or whatever he is now. I think theres probably a better chance of Staios becoming the GM. Which I dont know if its a good thing or bad thing (I am sure its better than Chiarelli at the very least).

At least for the Senators sake, you have lots of good young players locked up and are close to the cap. On one hand, being capped out is bad for flexibility but on the other hand, it prevents a GM like Chiarelli from making some bad moves.

Last edited:

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Hey man, as always, if he is in fact the new GM (it's all a rumor at this point). I hope he does a great job. I want this team to win. I don't want another management group to shit on. I will give him all the opportunities in the world to change my perspective on him. At this moment, I would rather have a different GM, but I am not in charge, so I will roll with whomever they hire. If that new GM sucks ass at his job, I will call a spade a spade like I always do.
Yeah, I hear you, I know we all want the same thing. I just feel like theres a lot made of "he's a good GM" vs "he sucks" when a lot of GMs who have failed spectacularly go on to have success and a lot of GMs who've had a ton of success go on to shit the bed. Chiarelli has done a bit (or a lot) of both

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
This may have played into the Martian's calculus....

It's just like those horoscope writers. They know exactly how to make accurate "predictions".
Ya I'm on the fence with this one, but I'm starting to lean towards it being a "prediction".

And yes, like those damn tarot card readers and I have to hear all about how amazing they were blah blah blah.

Reactions: swiftwin

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Please, Mathieu Darche? Please for the love of Alfie

We need to make the right moves, no margin for error anymore as Dorion already went way beyond that
I'm willing to give Andlauer and Staios the benefit of the doubt when it comes to evaluating their hire for GM. These are not stupid people, and they aren't going to bring someone in on a whim.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Does the GM always go on road trips? (honest question, I've never paid attention to that)
let's see,

Option 1...you travel on a chartered flight. Sit in the front. free booze, food, etc.

land, a bus to the hotel. 5 Star.

call the other GM, meet for a dinner somewhere or at the arena. Everything is paid.

Watch the game. Chat some more with whomever.. back on the bus, on the plane, be in Ottawa (Late, I grant you).. drive home, sleep, be at the office the next day at 10. away from the office for 24 hours

option 2.. stay in Ottawa, work at the office from 8-8, watch game. communicate with phone only..deal with 100 issues.. no booze, no schmooze. Andlauer around, CFO around.

I doubt a GM would ever go on a trip.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Major backtracking. Doesn't take a genius to know he's on shaky ground.

Bahahahha, there it is!

arrows-overkill.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad