Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
pierre-dorion-throwing-drink.gif

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
This is actually more likely an example of him tweeting prematurely. In retrospect, that tweet looks like he called a horse race three quarters of the way through, when it was actually still neck and neck, and he just got lucky that his horse ended up winning.

Andlauer was announced as the winning bidder ~20 days after this tweet.

I stand corrected, but 20 days is still alot, and showed the Martian was full of shit.

Lol. 20 days is not at all a lot. But alright.

Also, his "source" is part of the local ownership group.

I'll be happy if Dorion is fired next Tuesday.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Hope it's true. Love the core he built, but i have no confidence he would be able to finish the job of making the team a cup contender.

He probably had the worst set of circumstances and overall i think he's probably criticized too much. No resources, terrible owner.. tough job.

But he's made his fair share of self inflicted wounds and really seemed to struggle rounding out the roster, signing FAs and picking coaches.

Reactions: pzeeman and aragorn

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
At the time it was alot, because we were told they were supposed to announce the winner that day, but it dragged on and on.

At least we don't have to wait long to find out. If Dorion is at the game tonight, we can file it as BS.
Does the GM always go on road trips? (honest question, I've never paid attention to that)

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
At the time it was alot, because we were told they were supposed to announce the winner that day, but it dragged on and on.

Dragged on and on for 20 days and was announced the day after Vegas won the Cup?

Do you think that's a coincidence, or did the NHL just wait until the season wrapped up to send out the press release?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Dragged on and on for 20 days and was announced the day after Vegas won the Cup?

Do you think that's a coincidence, or did the NHL just wait until the season wrapped up to send out the press release?
Andlauer himself said it dragged on and on, and that he was so frustrated and stressed he wanted to bail on the whole process, but his wife helped him soldier on.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Wtf is happening today boys. Here I am flying, stepped into a plane and Pinto suspended, touched down and all of a sudden we fired Dorion and got Chiarelli? This is like some alternate reality crap doing on
you missed the potential loss of a #1 pick for the daddy fiasco

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
Andlauer himself said it dragged on and on, and that he was so frustrated and stressed he wanted to bail on the whole process, but his wife helped him soldier on.

Yes, because everyone expected to know who the owner would be during the winter, and for the team to officially change hands before the offseason.

Instead, a bidder wasn't announced until early June. And Martian tweeted about who it would be in late May. And he was right.

He didn't claim Andlauer won in September, months before it happened.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Andlauer was announced as the winning bidder ~20 days after this tweet.

Also, his "source" is part of the local ownership group.

I'll be happy if Dorion is fired next Tuesday.

We're all just speculating because none of us were there, but given everything that was swirling around the sale process - Andlauer was in the lead, then it was Apostolopoulos, meanwhile the Kimels were still in it - I think it's more likely that nothing was certain on May 22nd, and yet the Martian tweeted about it as if it were done.

Something turning out to be true does not mean the tweet wasn't premature.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I am overreacting? The rumour is Dorion is fired and Chiarelli is the new GM. Chiarelli is awful. I hope he's not the new GM.
Chiarelli just needs to be professional, treat his staff right, follow the rules, and put the finishing touches on this team. 90% of the core is locked up, there are prospects in the system... I think he can be alright. He blew it in Edmonton but he's not a stupid man.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
We're all just speculating because none of us were there, but given everything that was swirling around the sale process - Andlauer was in the lead, then it was Apostolopoulos, meanwhile the Kimels were still in it - I think it's more likely that nothing was certain on May 22nd, and yet the Martian tweeted about it as if it were done.

Again, his source is part of the local ownership group involved in the bid.

I don't know if he's right about this one. But the ownership stuff was 100% accurate.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Again, his source is part of the local ownership group involved in the bid.

I don't know if he's right about this one. But the ownership stuff was 100% accurate.
He definitely has a source, but he also definitely leverages that into justifying/validating some complete and utter BS that he posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad