Injury Report: Donskoi to IR 1/17/17

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Hey gents, curious question.

What kept Couts out the other night. Now obviously it wasn't serious. Does anyone know? Semi-serious?

Recurring thing?

shorkie88

Jun 11, 2015
Calgary
broken arm? I remember it to be that game where he was kinda bent down and then got sandwiched against the board - definitely was favoring his arm.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
If Donskoi is ready to play and DeBoer scratches him or puts him on the 4th line I'm done.

On point, Donskoi hasn't really played that well this year. The top 3 lines all looked great last game. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Donskoi start on the 4th line and have to work his way up the lineup.

Last edited by a moderator:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
On point, Donskoi hasn't really played that well this year. The top 3 lines all looked great last game. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Donskoi start on the 4th line and have to work his way up the lineup.

Seeing how the top 3 lines actually work for the most part right now, I don't really think it'd be all that weird for Donskoi to start on the 4th line.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Seeing how the top 3 lines actually work for the most part right now, I don't really think it'd be all that weird for Donskoi to start on the 4th line.

Sorensen-Hertl-Ward has one good game together and suddenly they're anointed a functional third line. Fact is Ward has been terrible all year and it's not like Sorensen has been lighting the AHL on fire. Donskoi at the very least deserves to be playing on the third line ahead of Ward immediately.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Sorensen-Hertl-Ward has one good game together and suddenly they're anointed a functional third line. Fact is Ward has been terrible all year and it's not like Sorensen has been lighting the AHL on fire. Donskoi at the very least deserves to be playing on the third line ahead of Ward immediately.

He's been out for awhile. Might not be ready for bigger minutes. Could see rotation between him and sorensen.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area

For a player who's been out for over a month, there's nothing wrong in easing him back in to the lineup if that's what Deboer decides to do.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Except Sorensen has been lighting the AHL on fire since mid-December. He needed a couple of months to adjust to NA hockey but he's been excellent since. I'm not saying give him a permanent spot in the NHL but we should ride Sorensen-Hertl-Ward while it's working so well. Also, Ward has been far from terrible this year, please.

This will be a telling test for DeBoer. Will he take Haley out of the lineup when Donskoi gets back? I'm betting he still won't.

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston

Sure, for a game or two leave it that way. Nothing is set in stone here. I would absolutely start Donskoi on the fourth line. Doesn't even have to stay that way all game.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Sorensen-Hertl-Ward has played literally one game together and while they were good they weren't amazing or anything. And more importantly there was nothing to indicate Ward specifically is at all necessary to that line's chemistry. The line worked last game because Sorensen was terrific and we were playing the Canucks more than anything Ward did.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Alternate facts. Ward started slow and has been inconsistent, but he has played stretches of really good hockey. He's clicking along at .41 ppg which is pretty respectable.

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
Sorensen-Hertl-Ward has played literally one game together and while they were good they weren't amazing or anything. And more importantly there was nothing to indicate Ward specifically is at all necessary to that line's chemistry. The line worked last game because Sorensen was terrific and we were playing the Canucks more than anything Ward did.

But why, man? Why? What is the harm in Donskoi working his way up from the fourth line? What is the harm in Sorensen and Ward getting another shot with Hertl? This stuff just isn't a big deal. If Donskoi slots in with Hertl right off the bat, ok. If he plays a game with Tierney and Karlsson, ok.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
But why, man? Why? What is the harm in Donskoi working his way up from the fourth line? What is the harm in Sorensen and Ward getting another shot with Hertl? This stuff just isn't a big deal. If Donskoi slots in with Hertl right off the bat, ok. If he plays a game with Tierney and Karlsson, ok.

The earlier Donskoi and Hertl can start developing chemistry the better. They absolutely must be playing together when the playoffs begin, I see zero justification for a third line that doesn't include both of them. People are reading way too much into Sorensen's performance in one game against one of the worst teams in the league.

Also Donskoi is not going to have much of a chance to "work his way up" playing with a center as awful as Tierney. DeBoer is just setting him up to fail. Wouldn't be surprised to see Donskoi be the next guy shipped out for nothing just because DeBoer doesn't like him like Smith, Nieto and Wingels.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad