Injury Report: Donskoi to IR 1/17/17

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He wouldn't be eligible to come back for the Kings game but would for the Lightning game provided that it's retroactive to the 12th after the Calgary game.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
And here i thought deboer was an idiot because he healthy scratched him the other night lol.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
He was starting to play a lot better. This hurts us a lot. :/

I guess on the plus side it means that awful Donskoi-Couture-Labanc line is gone? This isn't how I wanted this to happen though... It's like earlier this season when I wanted DeMelo to play and the hockey gods gave us a Vlasic injury in answer.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
we're really weathering a steady stream of bad injury luck this season. if it's not one thing it's another, and not just nobodies.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
we're really weathering a steady stream of bad injury luck this season. if it's not one thing it's another, and not just nobodies.

We're lucky none of our three most important players have been injured, though. If Burns, Pavelski, and Jones stay healthy, we're in business. It sucks to lose players like Hertl, Vlasic, and Schlemko, but they aren't as critical (arguably Vlasic, I suppose).

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
We're lucky none of our three most important players have been injured, though. If Burns, Pavelski, and Jones stay healthy, we're in business. It sucks to lose players like Hertl, Vlasic, and Schlemko, but they aren't as critical (arguably Vlasic, I suppose).

eh it remains to be seen how "in business" we really are. we absolutely tanked without vlasic and without hertl and/or donskoi we struggle against the better teams in the league.

we do have pretty extreme talent depth though.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
eh it remains to be seen how "in business" we really are. we absolutely tanked without vlasic and without hertl and/or donskoi we struggle against the better teams in the league.

we do have pretty extreme talent depth though.

By "in business" I mean "able to survive in the short-term and still be competitive every night and not hurt our playoff chances". Obviously it's impossible to win a Stanley Cup unless your best players are playing.

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
Man, I hate to see our Finn out of the line up!!

I guess on the upside it's an opportunity for some of the youngsters to show what they got...

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
when he comes back is he gonna be a 4th liner?

I don't hate the idea of sticking him on the top line and moving Hertl to 3C.

Donskoi-Thornton-Pavelski
Marleau-Couture-Boedker
Ward-Hertl-Labanc
Meier-Tierney-Carpenter
Karlsson

Yeesh.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
ehh, he wasnt that great on the top line last season and this season the top line needs help.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I recall him being solid on that line. :dunno:

well i guess hertl's skates are near impossible to fill on that line. but couture actually does fill them, for example, and i actually think melker fits better than joonas.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
well i guess hertl's skates are near impossible to fill on that line. but couture actually does fill them, for example, and i actually think melker fits better than joonas.

I'd agree on Melker's better than Joonas in that F1 role with the Joes. Here's what I want to see:

Karlsson-Thornton-Pavelski
Boedker-Couture-Marleau
Meier-Hertl-Donskoi
Ward-Tierney/Carpenter-Labanc

That 3rd line would be beastly in terms of possession.
I think I like Carpenter better than Tierney at the 4C.
Look to upgrade on Karlsson via trade. Who?

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Cool Donski and the Fin Force crew, he plays on a really def line for you

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Cool Donski and the Fin Force crew, he plays on a really def line for you

XS5LK_zpsa5c55c23.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad