Injury Report: Donskoi to IR 1/17/17

Red Light Lover

Jun 6, 2015
Oakland, CA
It seems to me that in the NHL players don't earn their way up, they earn their way down. Donskoi likely gets in on either Couture's wing or with Hertl and then, if his play is suffering too much, he'll get moved down. Not the other way round.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
It seems to me that in the NHL players don't earn their way up, they earn their way down. Donskoi likely gets in on either Couture's wing or with Hertl and then, if his play is suffering too much, he'll get moved down. Not the other way round.

This is what should happen but it sounds like DeBoer is going to start him on the 4th line, then justify keeping him there (or scratching him for Haley) when he naturally doesn't produce with Chris Tierney as his center.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Micheal Haley is a higher signing priority than Thornton is. You guys just have to accept how important he is to the team.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Micheal Haley is a higher signing priority than Thornton is. You guys just have to accept how important he is to the team.

Did they sign him? Easy enough contract I am sure.

Since this is a Donskoi thread - I would wonder if between Labanc, Timo, now Sorenson, Boedker and Hansen, we don't see him traded before the draft to a team having trouble protecting everyone. We are almost assured to lose a defender, so picking up one for a winger wouldn't be so bad.

Red Light Lover

Jun 6, 2015
Oakland, CA
This is what should happen but it sounds like DeBoer is going to start him on the 4th line, then justify keeping him there (or scratching him for Haley) when he naturally doesn't produce with Chris Tierney as his center.

Did I miss a conversation? When did PDB say Donskoi is gonna play on the 4th line?

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
The earlier Donskoi and Hertl can start developing chemistry the better. They absolutely must be playing together when the playoffs begin, I see zero justification for a third line that doesn't include both of them. People are reading way too much into Sorensen's performance in one game against one of the worst teams in the league.

Also Donskoi is not going to have much of a chance to "work his way up" playing with a center as awful as Tierney. DeBoer is just setting him up to fail. Wouldn't be surprised to see Donskoi be the next guy shipped out for nothing just because DeBoer doesn't like him like Smith, Nieto and Wingels.

No, see, you're not answering my questions. You're just inventing some doomsday scenario and passing it off as a legitimate reason for why DeBoer should do something. Let's just get Donskoi in the lineup over Haley. Can we agree to start there?

Also, in general, I think that you (and many others) are far too concerned with whose name is written where on the official lineup card. Lines are fluid. The players and coaches will figure out what works. That's pretty much the purpose of all of our games from here until the playoffs.

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
Did they sign him? Easy enough contract I am sure.

Since this is a Donskoi thread - I would wonder if between Labanc, Timo, now Sorenson, Boedker and Hansen, we don't see him traded before the draft to a team having trouble protecting everyone. We are almost assured to lose a defender, so picking up one for a winger wouldn't be so bad.

I don't think that's necessary. I'd be happy to let Boedker go. Protect:

Pavelski, Couture, Hertl, Hansen
Burns, Vlasic, Braun, Schlemko

Let Vegas have their pick of Ward, Martin, Boedker, Tierney, or Dillon.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I don't think that's necessary. I'd be happy to let Boedker go. Protect:

Pavelski, Couture, Hertl, Hansen
Burns, Vlasic, Braun, Schlemko

Let Vegas have their pick of Ward, Martin, Boedker, Tierney, or Dillon.

I have to think at this point we're going to protect 7 forwards. The downside to Boedker's improved play is that now I'm concerned DW will think he has to protect him.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Sharks will definitely protect Tierney because they're all under some collective delusion that he's good.

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
I have to think at this point we're going to protect 7 forwards. The downside to Boedker's improved play is that now I'm concerned DW will think he has to protect him.

Sure. I have no idea what Doug is going to do. This is just what I think he should do. I am willing to lose any one of Martin, Dillon, Tierney, Boedker, or Ward over Schlemko. Hence the 4-4 setup.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Sure. I have no idea what Doug is going to do. This is just what I think he should do. I am willing to lose any one of Martin, Dillon, Tierney, Boedker, or Ward over Schlemko. Hence the 4-4 setup.

I agree, but I have this feeling that DeBoer/DW would be more comfortable w/ losing Schlemko than Boedker, Hansen, or Ward.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Yeah that's my point. It seems obviously smart to go 4-4 and protect Schlemko. I just worry DW won't do it.

Or they could go 7-3 and make a future considerations deal with LV of some kind for them to not take Schlemko. That remains an option, especially if Boedker keeps improving and Hansen works out well and we have more than 4 forwards we want to protect.

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
Looks like the Finn could be back in tonight:

Donskoi – who has been out with an upper body injury since Jan. 23, was available for Sunday’s game, DeBoer said.

“We’re not going to play him tonight,’’ DeBoer said. “It’s a back-to-back, and I didn’t want to play him in both games. So, we’ll probably play him (Monday).’’

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad