Prospect Info: Donovan Sebrango

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Everytime it's an "Ottawa guy" I roll my eyes.
Thats pretty ridiculous. It should mean absolutely nothing where the player comes from. However if you do actually care about that it should be a positive. Ottawa/Gatineau produces the second most pro/NHL players per capita than any other city in Canada. Only Edmonton out paces this city. But I mean as we see around here all the time internet hockey fans loath the idea that anyone local has any high end ties to the sport. Its hard on the ego I guess. Thats the only explanation I can think of.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He could actually replace brannstrom’s role with some added physicality.

Any player "replacing" Brannstrom would have to be quite good to replace him positively. He vaslty outplayed his role last season so it will be hard for any 3rd pair LHD to do better

Kleven is the only guy I could eventually see do better in our system

Sensatauro

Dec 30, 2012
He's a 21 year old d man that played team Canada WJC in 2022. Relax with the hate. He was solid whenever I watched him. Might end up being a usefull call up type player. Whats with eveyrone around here thinking every player is done developing so young its so strange.

It's hfSens, where it's only cool to be negative voiced. They'll just say they're "realists". It's honestly pathetic. The toxicity here is mind blowing. This board is full of fake fans. They been following team for years and will tell you they love the team while continually bashing everything and taking on the worst possible takes. Positive minded here? Gtfo you are just delusional.

It is obvious that some just will always look for something bad in everything...I

Sad.

This kid has potential and motivation in front of a home crowd

Reading the thread you'd think he is totally useless as a player with no upside. Meanwhile almost noone here has watched him, look at some stats and declare with absolute certainty they're never making it anywhere in in life. The thing is, most these guys are self reflecting since they hate their lives because they've achieved nothing but have some sort of job that gives them a tiny income above poverty and think they're so smart. But really most the posters around here are smrt type of smart

This kid isn't likely to be top paid d, but he has a real possibility of making the NHL in a 4 to 6 role. He is the type of player teams love to have. He is apparently a high character guy who wants to achieve more. But no, he is a total bust and won't achieve anything, because that's what dudes here think after seeing exactly zero seconds of his actual game.

Personally I like this addition to the trade. It's exactly the kind of upside a team in our small market should be investing in. Low risk high reward possibilities.

But naw, he sucks...what a waste of skin...right gals...🤐

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
It's hfSens, where it's only cool to be negative voiced. They'll just say they're "realists". It's honestly pathetic. The toxicity here is mind blowing. This board is full of fake fans. They been following team for years and will tell you they love the team while continually bashing everything and taking on the worst possible takes. Positive minded here? Gtfo you are just delusional.

Reading the thread you'd think he is totally useless as a player with no upside. Meanwhile almost noone here has watched him, look at some stats and declare with absolute certainty they're never making it anywhere in in life. The thing is, most these guys are self reflecting since they hate their lives because they've achieved nothing but have some sort of job that gives them a tiny income above poverty and think they're so smart. But really most the posters around here are smrt type of smart

This kid isn't likely to be top paid d, but he has a real possibility of making the NHL in a 4 to 6 role. He is the type of player teams love to have. He is apparently a high character guy who wants to achieve more. But no, he is a total bust and won't achieve anything, because that's what dudes here think after seeing exactly zero seconds of his actual game.

Personally I like this addition to the trade. It's exactly the kind of upside a team in our small market should be investing in. Low risk high reward possibilities.

But naw, he sucks...what a waste of skin...right gals...🤐
As I've said. Jason York thinks pretty highly of the kid, so I'll hold my judgement. York is obviously a better judge of an NHL player than I am.

Last edited:
Reactions: aragorn

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Why not be stoked for a kid from your own town potentially playing for the home team?

Seems like a dream come true to me. Gud and Boro definitly got a rough ride in here though, so perhaps not.
It's exactly that, although for Boro I had no problem with him since he was a late round pick. But we traded our 7OA pick to get back a package of this prospect seemingly because maybe he has some talent but I do assume in part also because he's from Ottawa and so maybe we'll be able to retain him.

If he breaks out great but I do wonder if they passed on or didn't target better package/prospects just because they weren't from Ottawa.

Nothing against the player(s) itself, moreso management trying to hit on an Ottawa guy just because he's an Ottawa guy. Speculatory on my end but I'll never truly know whether scouts really liked Sebrango more than some other prospect from Manitoba, unless we have some insider on this board that can enlighten me that this is a high end prospect..
Thats pretty ridiculous. It should mean absolutely nothing where the player comes from. However if you do actually care about that it should be a positive. Ottawa/Gatineau produces the second most pro/NHL players per capita than any other city in Canada. Only Edmonton out paces this city. But I mean as we see around here all the time internet hockey fans loath the idea that anyone local has any high end ties to the sport. Its hard on the ego I guess. Thats the only explanation I can think of.
It has absolutely nothing to do with a local having high end ties to the sport and more so the same vein as the Habs trying to target french speaking players only to quell the bilingual need from the media that we target Ottawa guys in hopes they become serviceable and want to remain here just because they're locals.

Like when we acquired ODell or Gudbranson or Veronneau or Sabourin or Brassard.

I mean there are obvious exceptions like Giroux, Ceci and JPG (4th? round pick) who are/were high end talents or drafted where they were expected, but I can't really think of any trades for Ottawa guys that panned out really. For all the hate on Ceci, I've always kind of liked him as a player and community guy.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's exactly that, although for Boro I had no problem with him since he was a late round pick. But we traded our 7OA pick to get back a package of this prospect seemingly because maybe he has some talent but I do assume in part also because he's from Ottawa and so maybe we'll be able to retain him.

If he breaks out great but I do wonder if they passed on or didn't target better package/prospects just because they weren't from Ottawa.

Nothing against the player(s) itself, moreso management trying to hit on an Ottawa guy just because he's an Ottawa guy. Speculatory on my end but I'll never truly know whether scouts really liked Sebrango more than some other prospect from Manitoba, unless we have some insider on this board that can enlighten me that this is a high end prospect..

It has absolutely nothing to do with a local having high end ties to the sport and more so the same vein as the Habs trying to target french speaking players only to quell the bilingual need from the media that we target Ottawa guys in hopes they become serviceable and want to remain here just because they're locals.

Like when we acquired ODell or Gudbranson or Veronneau or Sabourin or Brassard.

I mean there are obvious exceptions like Giroux, Ceci and JPG (4th? round pick) who are/were high end talents or drafted where they were expected, but I can't really think of any trades for Ottawa guys that panned out really. For all the hate on Ceci, I've always kind of liked him as a player and community guy.
This is exactly the problem. Right here, you are holding it against the players because they are from here.

You know what they gave up to acquire, Odell, Gudbranson, Veronneau, Sabourin and Brassard (the second time)?.... a 5th round pick they got back a 7th. (Neither time Brassard was here was he bad either, they didnt go get him the first time because of his Ottawa ties its because he was a proven playoff player).

Odell, Veronneau and Sabourin were on two way contracts..... They played in the AHL. But you have a problem with it because they are from Ottawa. Makes absolutely no sense. Appreciate the detailed response to show how terrible the rational is.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Guys that played well on the WJC LAST YEAR and made pro hockey at 18 years old? Yeah what a shit pick up. You havent had one positive thing to say for as long as I remember. Its sad.
Jason York seems to like the kid. He's just a kid, give him some time. Maybe him and Kleven will cause destruction in a couple years...

Reactions: Sensatauro

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Guys that played well on the WJC LAST YEAR and made pro hockey at 18 years old? Yeah what a shit pick up. You havent had one positive thing to say for as long as I remember. Its sad.
Chill out buddy. You’re getting piped up over a simple comment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad