B-Sens Don’t look now... the B-Sens are the hottest team in the AHL

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Hands up anyone who expected Joey Daccord to have a 12-3-2 record in the AHL this season. Unreal - dude is a seventh round pick who played at Arizona State, for God's sake. All of a sudden, he is strongly challenging or perhaps surpassing Gustavsson for the "goalie of the future" tag and creating a very nice problem for the organization in terms of goaltending depth.

In related news, goalies are voodoo. :D

They did rave about him last season when he came over from Arizona State as he did get a game in with the Senators. Although Hogberg has played decent lately as well.

Reactions: bert and Variable26

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Hands up anyone who expected Joey Daccord to have a 12-3-2 record in the AHL this season. Unreal - dude is a seventh round pick who played at Arizona State, for God's sake. All of a sudden, he is strongly challenging or perhaps surpassing Gustavsson for the "goalie of the future" tag and creating a very nice problem for the organization in terms of goaltending depth.

In related news, goalies are voodoo. :D
He looked like a player day 1 in dev camp after he was drafted out of high school. He is in the perfect development path to have success as a pro from the goalie position. Not getting overwhelmed by work load and competition like alot of CHL goalies has allowed him to develop step by step. He has grown late too and is now 6'3 which i think is the most ideal height for a goaltender. Moves very well, his father is a high end goalie coach so he is likely pretty mentally tough. To me he is the best goaltending prospect in the organization. His ability to play the puck is massive. He also has a degree of cockiness to him.

He has been a flat out star for Belleville. Has pushed Gus to be better too. The internal competition when you include Hogberg is like nothing we've seen as sens fans. 1 more full season as the starter in the AHL after this year and he will be ready to push at the NHL level.

Next year the sens should have Hogberg and Nilsson share duties. The following season hopefully Daccord and Hogberg are the goaltending tandem. Right on time for Gustavsson to start in Belleville and have either Mandolese or Soogard win the backup roll. Really like the goalie situation the sens have right now.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Probably not stars, which is fine. I still see 1C potential in Brown with the right wingers and a very good 2C in Norris who is destined to play with Tkachuk for years. Formenton has surprised me the most but I still think he's gonna be an elite PK 3LW.

The stars will likely be Chabot, Tkachuk, Brannstrom and the two top 10's this year. Batherson and Brown have the skill to join the group. But the supporting cast is looking to be unreal.

The supporting cast is looking like it could be unreal. Depth everywhere and quality depth. I dont think even with the 2020 draft picks that we have the same elite talent as the elite teams however we're potentially going to be stronger than most teams players 4 thru 18 and as you watch the leafs struggle with two elite Cs and an elite winger, it's easy to see why having all the depth may be the better path to a cup.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Speaking of the expression "don't look now" if anyone knows the origin, I'd love to hear it. I really don't get it. Or if anyone that uses that saying could explain why they use it, id love to know. Lol

Reactions: DrEasy

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
He looked like a player day 1 in dev camp after he was drafted out of high school. He is in the perfect development path to have success as a pro from the goalie position. Not getting overwhelmed by work load and competition like alot of CHL goalies has allowed him to develop step by step. He has grown late too and is now 6'3 which i think is the most ideal height for a goaltender. Moves very well, his father is a high end goalie coach so he is likely pretty mentally tough. To me he is the best goaltending prospect in the organization. His ability to play the puck is massive. He also has a degree of cockiness to him.

He has been a flat out star for Belleville. Has pushed Gus to be better too. The internal competition when you include Hogberg is like nothing we've seen as sens fans. 1 more full season as the starter in the AHL after this year and he will be ready to push at the NHL level.

Next year the sens should have Hogberg and Nilsson share duties. The following season hopefully Daccord and Hogberg are the goaltending tandem. Right on time for Gustavsson to start in Belleville and have either Mandolese or Soogard win the backup roll. Really like the goalie situation the sens have right now.

Agreed 100%, I do not even recall if we have ever had this much depth at the goalie position in our system.

Reactions: bert

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Speaking of the expression "don't look now" if anyone knows the origin, I'd love to hear it. I really don't get it. Or if anyone that uses that saying could explain why they use it, id love to know. Lol

I believe it has something to do with not allowing the subject to take notice that you are looking at them and then have them desist from their current action. For example:

"Don't look now, but the guy behind you is picking his nose".

If you look he will notice and probably stop, if you do not look, he may continue to pick his nose. In this case, the Belleville Sens are on a roll, so let us not let them think we have noticed so that they may continue being awesome.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I believe it has something to do with not allowing the subject to take notice that you are looking at them and then have them desist from their current action. For example:

"Don't look now, but the guy behind you is picking his nose".

If you look he will notice and probably stop, if you do not look, he may continue to pick his nose. In this case, the Belleville Sens are on a roll, so let us not let them think we have noticed so that they may continue being awesome.

Ah, that actually makes a lot of sense! Thank you!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad