B-Sens Don’t look now... the B-Sens are the hottest team in the AHL

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
After a super slow start to the season the Belleville Senators deserve another thread to celebrate the past two months of solid playing on all fronts. Mainly goaltending and offensive play has made them second from top of the league.

Great news for the player development, future playoff aspirations and the future of the big club.

CONGRATS B-SENS!

BSens Continue to Roll Through the North

Since December 1st, Belleville has a 14-4-1-1 record against North Division opponents which has allowed them to pull six points ahead of second place, albeit having played three more games than the 58 point Rochester Americans. Belleville’s overall record of 30-14-3-1 has them second in the entire AHL, behind only the Milwaukee Admirals. Looking purely at point percentage, Belleville sits fourth in the league at 0.667. Needless to say, this team is playing the best hockey it’s ever played and there’s plenty of games left to go.

Read more at Silver Sens

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
The kids.....are.....alright.....

FragrantBogusHoopoe-size_restricted.gif

16w

Jun 23, 2003

good to see big brown roughing it up with some edge. having that pavlovian response to seeing a blue sweater bodes well for games against toronto.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

good to see big brown roughing it up with some edge. having that pavlovian response to seeing a blue sweater bodes well for games against toronto.

Still, that was a dirty dirty crosscheck to a player basically in a very vulnerable position.

I hope Brown adds that element to his game for sure, but not in a dangerous and irresponsible way that leads to stupid penalties and puts other players safety at risk.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Still, that was a dirty dirty crosscheck to a player basically in a very vulnerable position.

I hope Brown adds that element to his game for sure, but not in a dangerous and irresponsible way that leads to stupid penalties and puts other players safety at risk.
For sure ,would much rather see throw his weight around along the boards,and start bringing that puck to the net with authority ...Instead of always looking pass

16w

Jun 23, 2003

...quite the canny insight there korshkov's mom.

cant you give the kid a break? that's why he's in the AHL... he was punished appropriately and is still learning.

besides, you would be smooshing dudes into the boards too if you had to skate around knowing your draft counterpart max lajoie is outscoring you in the NHL.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Still KILLING it in the AHL!

Marlies are the victims again!

Closing in on 1st place in the AHL

Big 4000 in the house tonight as people finally getting behind their team.

B-Sens win 7-4!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Ottawa has some future stars in L. Brown, Norris, Formenton & Daccord.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Still KILLING it in the AHL!

Marlies are the victims again!

Closing in on 1st place in the AHL

Big 4000 in the house tonight as people finally getting behind their team.

B-Sens win 7-4!!!

Tell them to stop looking!

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This shouldn't surprise anybody.

I know it's been a while since Ottawa has been expected to be good as this Belleville team is but the reactions at the start of the season were always over the top. This forward group is not only one of the youngest in the AHL but also one of the best.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

I wouldn't call logan brown a future star yet. He hasn't shown that he can play with the physicality of the nhl with the multiple chances he got so far and staying healthy is a battle for him

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Won again tonight to make it 7 in a row(Norris 2A, Bran 1G, Formenton OTGWG). Currently have a 8 point lead over the 2nd place team in the division

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Hands up anyone who expected Joey Daccord to have a 12-3-2 record in the AHL this season. Unreal - dude is a seventh round pick who played at Arizona State, for God's sake. All of a sudden, he is strongly challenging or perhaps surpassing Gustavsson for the "goalie of the future" tag and creating a very nice problem for the organization in terms of goaltending depth.

In related news, goalies are voodoo. :D

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Hands up anyone who expected Joey Daccord to have a 12-3-2 record in the AHL this season. Unreal - dude is a seventh round pick who played at Arizona State, for God's sake. All of a sudden, he is strongly challenging or perhaps surpassing Gustavsson for the "goalie of the future" tag and creating a very nice problem for the organization in terms of goaltending depth.

In related news, goalies are voodoo. :D
Gus is 2 years younger than daccord and has been just as good lately. Having said that, Joey has been awesome and that internal competition between the two is nothing but fantastic for their development.

Reactions: derriko

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I wouldn't call logan brown a future star yet. He hasn't shown that he can play with the physicality of the nhl with the multiple chances he got so far and staying healthy is a battle for him
Logan Brown is 6'6", 220 & has never been a physical player but can take some physicality but to expect that will just be disappointing. He is a cerebral player with great vision, playmaking ability & he's a great passer. He will likely lead the Sens in assists some day & probably never get more than 20 goals. He has had some injury problems but who hasn't in the NHL, I think he will be fine & given the right wingers will be a very good centre for any future Sens team.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Probably not stars, which is fine. I still see 1C potential in Brown with the right wingers and a very good 2C in Norris who is destined to play with Tkachuk for years. Formenton has surprised me the most but I still think he's gonna be an elite PK 3LW.

The stars will likely be Chabot, Tkachuk, Brannstrom and the two top 10's this year. Batherson and Brown have the skill to join the group. But the supporting cast is looking to be unreal.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Probably not stars, which is fine. I still see 1C potential in Brown with the right wingers and a very good 2C in Norris who is destined to play with Tkachuk for years. Formenton has surprised me the most but I still think he's gonna be an elite PK 3LW.

The stars will likely be Chabot, Tkachuk, Brannstrom and the two top 10's this year. Batherson and Brown have the skill to join the group. But the supporting cast is looking to be unreal.
Regardless of who we see as stars doesn't really matter, I think most can agree that Ottawa has a good number of decent prospects with the potential to build a very good playoff team given the size & skill package of a number of these good young players.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad