Recalled/Assigned: Dominik Simon Recalled

SuburbanRhythm

WorldClassJagoff
May 6, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
I thought he looked good. He's got good vision and puck skills. Said it in the GDT but he reminds me a bit of Jiri Hudler the way he plays. Obviously he's way less skilled than Jiri, but same style of play what with his ability to slow the game down and make those little smart dish passes.

On the radio call, Bourque and Lange said Straka, specifically citing his initial few steps, and "slippery" style

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Missed the first two periods but when I saw a glimpse of Simon he didn't look as short/small as I thought he was.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Didn't see much of the game outside the third but I do remember Simon winning a pretty serious board battle against Boyle leading directly to Cullen's GWG. I mean, going against Boyle isn't exactly being up against prime Chara but Simon certainly didn't appear small or easily overwhelmed in that instance.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
He looked really comfortable, he was in great position, competed without hesitation for pucks and was even directing traffic on a few occasions. Excellent skater and confident with the puck. His skating style reminds me of Hossa. Hopefully he can get an opportunity to show some of his skills off before getting sent down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad