Recalled/Assigned: Dominik Simon Recalled

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

"Sima" gets his first taste of the NHL.
Deserves it's own thread.
Hopefully he gets some game action.

Glad he got the call finally cuz i want him to know what it takes to be an NHL'er.
Gives him something to motivate him in his off-season training.
Still a young potential talent @ 21.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Looking forward to seeing what Simon can do. Wish it was in different circumstances though. He becomes the second player already from the 2015 draft to play for the Penguins. Tiffels and Pavylchev left.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I kinda hope he plays center even though he's spent most of the season in the AHL on the wing(s) I think.

Dude is great at skating the puck through the neutral zone and entering the zone with possession.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
I kinda hope he plays center even though he's spent most of the season in the AHL on the wing(s) I think.

Dude is great at skating the puck through the neutral zone and entering the zone with possession.
Wouldn't you want him on LW instead if he's apt at it though?

Your last paragraph bodes well for his future as an NHLer considering how the game evolved.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
So people dont have to read every single post in every single thread to see every bit of roster activity.

I've thought it would be nice if we used the "player discussion" tag...that way we can just create/find/bump a player's thread when they're in the news.

It might also help contain the complaints about Kunitz, Lovejoy, etc. if they had a designated discussion thread...rather than taking over every single other thread.

BlackGoldGreen

Jul 7, 2006
California
I've thought it would be nice if we used the "player discussion" tag...that way we can just create/find/bump a player's thread when they're in the news.

It might also help contain the complaints about Kunitz, Lovejoy, etc. if they had a designated discussion thread...rather than taking over every single other thread.

This is a smart idea, we definitely need something better to clean up this board

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
pretty curious to see how he does. I thought he stood out at last year's world championships

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

The only problem with that is that we've had boards that are populated with nothing but player discussion threads, which is boring as hell.

A player getting called up for the first time is always thread-worthy. When it happens for the 4th time of the year not so much.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
The only problem with that is that we've had boards that are populated with nothing but player discussion threads, which is boring as hell.

A player getting called up for the first time is always thread-worthy. When it happens for the 4th time of the year not so much.

Fair point, though I think a balance can be struck, especially when it comes to limited just how much Chris Kunitz is discussed in every thread (to the point where I frequently forget which exact thread I'm supposed to be reading).

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Fair point, though I think a balance can be struck, especially when it comes to limited just how much Chris Kunitz is discussed in every thread (to the point where I frequently forget which exact thread I'm supposed to be reading).

While I agree, there's no way in hell that opening a Chris Kunitz thread is going to limit Kunitz discussion to one thread without a 24/7 team of mods moving every post there :laugh:

Solid debut from Simon.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
First NHL game, first NHL point. Here's to many more in a Penguin uniform.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I first thought this kid would get knocked down alot like Sheary did when he first came up.
It was the exact opposite today.
Used his shiftiness and body positioning to possess pucks against bigger men.
Surprised me.
Hope he continues to get ice time and does well with it.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I thought he looked good. He's got good vision and puck skills. Said it in the GDT but he reminds me a bit of Jiri Hudler the way he plays. Obviously he's way less skilled than Jiri, but same style of play what with his ability to slow the game down and make those little smart dish passes.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I thought he looked good. He's got good vision and puck skills. Said it in the GDT but he reminds me a bit of Jiri Hudler the way he plays. Obviously he's way less skilled than Jiri, but same style of play what with his ability to slow the game down and make those little smart dish passes.

Yea, those are the other 2 things that stood out today.
You can tell he's used to playing with men cuz he looked very comfortable out there today.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Simon had a pretty nice takeaway from a Ranger in the offensive zone. He then lost the puck right after, but still showed nice skill with the takeaway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad