Confirmed with Link: Domi signs extension 2y 3.15M per

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I was obviously joking. We were 10 mill under the cap last year and now we have even more this season. Considering Tavares is NOT coming here, we have no issues with the cap.

Dont worry Perron will take up at least 8 or 9 Million of that cap.

ginomini

May 25, 2014
this will be ANOTHER bridge deal that will BURN the HABS

Subban got bridged....we got burned

Josh Gorges got bridged..Habs got burned

Plekenac got bridged Habs got burned....

They will never learn....

Domi should have been locked up for 4-5 years....

Why didn't they bridge Drouin??

Do you realize that if we get f***ed its because Domi is playing like a star, which would actually be amazing! Hahaha

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So I’m assuming Patch is staying. Imagine trading both Patch and Galchenyuk who our two best goal scorers and we were one of the worse in goals for last year.

Very concerned about this Bergevin Re-Tool this summer

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
So I’m assuming Patch is staying. Imagine trading both Patch and Galchenyuk who our two best goal scorers and we were one of the worse in goals for last year.

I can't imagine keeping Max and trading Galch. We are once again neither rebuilding nor becoming a contender.
What we are doing is tanking but not intentionally. We're tanking because Marc is an incompetent arse.
Can't wait to see his next move.

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
this will be ANOTHER bridge deal that will BURN the HABS

Subban got bridged....we got burned

Josh Gorges got bridged..Habs got burned

Plekenac got bridged Habs got burned....

They will never learn....

Domi should have been locked up for 4-5 years....

Why didn't they bridge Drouin??

We get burned when the player and his agent are not looking for a bridge deal, but a longer term contract. Domi and his agent were looking for a bridge type of deal. This is a good signature regardless of how you flip the paper, seriously.

Last edited:

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
It's funny how Galchenyuk is seen as an established star by some here. We need to be clear, Galchenyuk thus far has been a highly inconsistant winger who has averaged 0.61ppg over 6 NHL seasons. Domi averaged that over 3 NHL seasons himself, is younger, and has a way better contract situation.
Those averages include years during which Galchenyuk was 18 and 19 years old, while at that age, Domi was still in Junior.. we're not talking about the same level of talent at all here.

Just take both guys first year in junior after the draft, Domi had a 1.5 ppg while chucky was flirting with 2.0 ppg

Last edited:

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006

Yep. Last season was a Near Tank Experience and Bergy was trying to win! Building a die-nasty!

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

There is no way Pacioretty still wants to play for the habs , after what Bergevin did to him and what fans did to him

Hes a goner.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
There is no way Pacioretty still wants to play for the habs , after what Bergevin did to him and what fans did to him

Hes a goner.
He actually does want to stay - not so much because he wants to play for the Habs but he doesn't want to leave the city. His family has a life here and he just bought a new house. They want to be here but we need to move him.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
He actually does want to stay - not so much because he wants to play for the Habs but he doesn't want to leave the city. His family has a life here and he just bought a new house. They want to be here but we need to move him.

Oh you mean when he said it in the front of the camera?

Thats just not to put anything in front of the media

Hes a goner , and i hope so hes not worth 8m a year

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Oh you mean when he said it in the front of the camera?

Thats just not to put anything in front of the media

Hes a goner , and i hope so hes not worth 8m a year

I truly hope the Habs trade him - he should have been traded already. If we resign him we are really scroowd. Every move Marc makes I add 2-3 years lost towards rebuilding.

It was not just a camera thing though. We have a mutual friend and he legitimately wants to stay in Montreal for his family. He didn't buy a house here (while all this was happening last year) just because he really wants to be traded.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
I truly hope the Habs trade him - he should have been traded already. If we resign him we are really scroowd. Every move Marc makes I add 2-3 years lost towards rebuilding.

It was not just a camera thing though. We have a mutual friend and he legitimately wants to stay in Montreal for his family. He didn't buy a house here (while all this was happening last year) just because he really wants to be traded.

We all understand why , no centers , awful GM , fans are on him because team sucks

Good riddance , it help habs to score less goals , means more L means more chance for Bergevin to get Fired finally.

All for the greater good , just need to be lucky this draft so Bergevin wont draft a garbage kid with the 3oa or trade him with Ryan Oreilley and not sign trash 30+ year olds ufa like JJ , stastny and Bozak
and maybe there will be hope when hes fired

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Trade is awful. Deal is great. Bergevin is better (not always great, I know) at making deals for contracts. Bergevin's job should as a capologist. Nothing more.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I am not a Habs fan, but would someone here mind explaining this for me, because on the surface this trade doen't seem to make a lot of sense. What exactly is Montreal's reasoning here? Because from my perspective it looks like they traded away a a 20-30 goal scoring winger (age 24) for a 10 goal scoring winger (age 23)... which on the surface doesn't seem to make sense, especially because they still didn't get a Centre out of the deal. They signed Domi to $1.7 million less then Galchenyuk; was that the primary reason for this trade, to clear cap space? The only way I can see this making sense is if Bergevin needed the extra money to be able to throw at Tavares.

Any Habs fan have an inkling what the logic is behind this move?

It's Bergevin. There is no logic. We don't need cap room & we don't need another small player that can't score.

He just wanted to move Galchenyuk and got a player who has 4 years of RFA vs Chucky's 2 despite being only 1 year younger.

Unless Domi takes a huge leap forward next year, we didn't improve in this deal, but we did get the better contract situation.

Who knows maybe Domi just struggled in the big West & MB is banking on him being better in the speedy east.

I would love to be wrong and he puts up 20g 60pts next year. Things generally don't go that way for Montreal.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Trade is awful. Deal is great. Bergevin is better (not always great, I know) at making deals for contracts. Bergevin's job should as a capologist. Nothing more.

Whoever is running the contracts, cap situation in Montreal knows what they're doing. We'll have zero issues carrying the Price contract for awhile.

We could probably give Pacioretty & Tavares good contracts.

We'll see what Danault comes in at tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad