Does the Hart and Ted Lindsay go to the same player this year?

Does the Hart and Ted Lindsay go to the same person?

• Yes

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 35 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Id give both to the ross winner

If Mack snatches the ross he should get both

If Kuch holds on he gets both

This year the difference in play, play relative to teammates, relative to expectations, relative to even Mcdavid (yeah hes that good that by being better or around him is a feat of its own) are all down right negligible

Id reward the ross winner with both awards, if Mack comes 2nd he gets another hart + lindsay finalist and another 1st team all NHL which adds to his already amazing hart/lindsat/ppg/all nhl team finishes for his career

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
The voters seem to have been behind MacKinnon all year long even when he was a few pts back of Kuch, he's currently still the strong betting favorite so it seems like on the surface at least he is the likely pick for the Hart.

It also seems like most players rave about him the most too. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess Mack takes both this year, just a hunch.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
I do believe MacKinnon will take them both, but because of this race being silly close I wouldn't mind them taking one each since it's super close.

Or, since I think McDavid belongs in this conversation too, something like the following would be great.

Hart: MacKinnon
Lindsay: McDavid
Art Ross: Kucherov

Reactions: Regal

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think MacKinnon is the most likely for both still, but I don’t think it’s enough that it couldn’t go one and one or both going to someone else.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I feel really strongly about Ross winner also winning the hart, and have said that for the past 3-4 months when it seemed we had a historic race on hand. That's what I think should happen.

Lindsay? I feel a bit less strongly about.

But....who else is going to win? McDavid is definitely the best player - so sticking to that simple logic, players could vote for him - he probably didn't have the best season, but he is the best player. Or players might vote for Mack because they feel he's "due" (and also great)...but I'm actually going to keep it simple and predict Kucherov sweeps all 3 of Ross/Hart/Lindsay

So I voted yes

Mackinnon didn't have a historic season. Kuch had.

Of course he did.

They both did.

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
He had a better season. I'm not just giving it to Kucherov on the basis of having 100 assists, especially in a season where somebody else did too.
Based on what? He lost Art Ross to Kuch. Didn't have a margin between himself & his teammate as Kuch did.

Didn't score 70 goals ore had 100 assists.

This is opinion is based on nothing at all.

I feel really strongly about Ross winner also winning the hart, and have said that for the past 3-4 months when it seemed we had a historic race on hand. That's what I think should happen.

Lindsay? I feel a bit less strongly about.

But....who else is going to win? McDavid is definitely the best player - so sticking to that simple logic, players could vote for him - he probably didn't have the best season, but he is the best player. Or players might vote for Mack because they feel he's "due" (and also great)...but I'm actually going to keep it simple and predict Kucherov sweeps all 3 of Ross/Hart/Lindsay

So I voted yes

Of course he did.

They both did.

Only 4 players other than Kuch had 100 assists in NHL history: Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr & McDavid.

Highest assists any winger ever had was 87. Kuch has 100 this year.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Only 4 players other than Kuch had 100 assists in NHL history: Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr & McDavid.

Highest assists any winger ever had was 87. Kuch has 100 this year.

100 assists is really cool and all, but goals > assists generally.

Are you going to say McDavid's season is better than MacKinnon's because of 100 asists, even though MacKinnon has more goals and more points?

In today's league - both 144 points and 138 points are historic seasons for me.

Like I said - I think Kucherov should/will win the Hart I believe, but it's more about the 144 points then the assists. Because MacKinnon having the higher goal to assists ratio than Kucherov is a positive for MacKinnon, not a negative.

Reactions: Breakfast of Champs

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Based on what? He lost Art Ross to Kuch. Didn't have a margin between himself & his teammate as Kuch did.

Didn't score 70 goals ore had 100 assists.

This is opinion is based on nothing at all.
It's based on the fact that the Avalanche are +33 at 5v5 with MacKinnon on the ice and -11 without him.

For all his scoring, the Lightning are only +5 with Kucherov on the ice.

I know people associate the Avs with being a stacked team since they won a Cup recently but they really weren't that good as a whole this year.

Nobody carried their team more than MacKinnon.

Reactions: Breakfast of Champs

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I think Mackinnon deserves the Hart and Kucherov deserves the Ted Lindsey. I don't think any player was more valuable to the success of their team then Mackinnon. Every time I look at Colorado's roster I have no idea how they did so well this season with such a lousy top 6 and weak goaltending for most of the season. I would give Kucherov the Ted Lindsey, he probably had the best season in the league but I actually think from game 1 to 82,, Mackinnon was the best player in the NHL this season.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad