Does Sidney Crosby ever play another playoff game?

Does Sidney Crosby ever play another playoff game?

• Yes

Votes: 207 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 75 23.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 37 11.6%

• Total voters

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Honestly if crosby decides to go to the Avs after his deal nobody should look at it with any animosity. He's given 20 years to the Pens. Won 3 cups and cemented himself in the upper echelon of all time greats. Knowing how competitive he is and if he's still producing like he is, I see no reason why he can't say goodbye and go try for another ring with his padawan

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
That’s a BS excuse. Their goalies had a .909/.905 SV%. The Oilers were a 109 point team with a .888 SV% goalie. The Kings were a 104 point team with their tandem from last year putting up a .876/.868 SV%. The Kraken were a 100 point team with .895/.887. Tampa’s backup had a .891 SV%. Florida made it with Bob/Knight both at .901 SV%.
League average goaltending can make a huge difference as well.
Showed a stat on last Sens game
900 or greater 20-3-2
Below 900 record is 5-27-1

League average is 904.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I'd like to see Crosby hit free agency and go somewhere else, but I don't think he will.

So I guess I vote no, he won't

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I wonder if he’d be more inclined to leave the Pens if there was a feeling around the fan base that they’d rather see him get another shot with someone else, which might be the case after missing again this year. It does sound a bit like fans on here would rather not see him waste his remaining years.

Reactions: wetcoast

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I'd give it a maybe - I don't know if anyone can come in and be as ineffective milquetoast as Hextall as GM and if there is the possibility of getting a goaltender who can both stay healthy and consistent could push the Penguins right back into the playoff consideration as early as this coming year.

And there is also the thought that would the Pens ask Sid if he wants to go anywhere else for one more (or more) try elsewhere as a way to jumpstart rebuilding in the post Geno/Sid/Letang world.

Hextall was such a cursed choice for Pittsburgh from the outset that I still kind of can't believe it happened.

dalewood12

Oct 9, 2017
I wonder if he’d be more inclined to leave the Pens if there was a feeling around the fan base that they’d rather see him get another shot with someone else, which might be the case after missing again this year. It does sound a bit like fans on here would rather not see him waste his remaining years.

Considering what Sid has done for the franchise, and his thirst for winning, I don't think many Pens fans would hold a grudge if he went to another team.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Honestly if crosby decides to go to the Avs after his deal nobody should look at it with any animosity. He's given 20 years to the Pens. Won 3 cups and cemented himself in the upper echelon of all time greats. Knowing how competitive he is and if he's still producing like he is, I see no reason why he can't say goodbye and go try for another ring with his padawan
Exact reason why Pittsburgh should have a crucial conversation with Sid this summer, and discuss moving him while he still holds value instead of waiting for him to walk. The last great thing he can do for the Pens, is bring back some immensely talented pieces for the future.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Some contender will probably sign him for 2x8.7 after this one and he'll probably make the playoffs then.

I feel like if Sid cannot earn 8.7mil AAV on his next contract then he'll retire. With his current play, he should be able to get that much.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
With the Pens? Probably not as long as dipshit Dubas is in charge. Hopefully he goes to a legit team and doesn't waste the rest of his career. I'd even be happy if he went to the Avs (gross)

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Has Crosby ever commented on future plans (i.e. playing away from PIT)? Probably a stupid question because if he's ever commented, I can't imagine him saying other than wanting to finish his career in PIT....regardless of what he might really think. That said, I get the sense he would want to stay in PIT, play his career with only 1 team....I'm guessing the PIT fans would feel the same way as well. It's not really a stain on someone's career or anything, but I'm always biased towards guys that stick to one franchise their entire careers.

If he hadn't already won 3 Cups, perhaps he'd feel that is one piece he's missing and look to potentially go somewhere with a chance (i.e. Bourque)....but that won't be a scenario.

I'm guessing the organization would let Crosby decide here....if he wants to finish his career as a Penguin, I have to imagine the organization honors that wish.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Exact reason why Pittsburgh should have a crucial conversation with Sid this summer, and discuss moving him while he still holds value instead of waiting for him to walk. The last great thing he can do for the Pens, is bring back some immensely talented pieces for the future.
Agreed

Reactions: waitin425

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
I stated in the "Crosby to the Avs" trade thread;

If he stays with Pitts, he's already played his last playoff game. I don't see that sitting well with the hyper competitive Crosby.

Why he wouldn't want to instead go chase cups for 2-3 years with his best buddy Nate as the perfect #2 C for an Avs team that desperately needs one is beyond me.

Who cares about a "one team" career? Jordan played for the Wizards at the end. LeBron has played for 3. Wayne played for 4. Messi has played for 3. Ronaldo for 5.

If Crosby stays put he likely spends the last 5 seasons of his career (post dated to last season) out of the playoffs. Awful send off for a legend of the sport.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Crosby hinted at retirement prior to the start of the 2022 season saying he's got "about 3 years left", which coincides with the expiration of his current contract. If next season is his final one I'd like to see him chase a cup but I don't think he will, I think he retires a Penguin and never plays in the playoffs again.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad