Speculation: Does Shanahan get fired?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I know a lot of focus is on Dubas/Keefe, but gotta look at Shanahan. I think on paper Dubas has done a good job. Keefe only started middle of last year.

Shanahan is on coach #4 (technically) and GM #3.

I wonder if a new President comes in and Dubas/Keefe on notice next year

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
This is year 6 of shanahan, not a single playoff round win...yes he should be fired he is most culpable as he is the president. Negotiating the matthews and marner contracts was EVERYTHING, he failed miserably, and I thought that before COVID forced a flat cap.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Fire dubas. Dude ruined our cap.

Jesus Christ, this old chesnut, were supposed to be losing because Dubas left us no depth...the depth players have been the ones performing! He was supposed to have left us no money for the D and revamped it to the best we've had in forever. We weren't supposed to have money for a backup goalie that backup goalie is now our starter.

Make a sincere argument if you're anti-Dubas, so sick of you guys parading around disingenuous, disproven talking points you dreamt up 3 years ago. You could not be further from a good point.

Our top players are having a bad series, there's no easy fix for that, what just trade Matthews and Marner and roll with a bad team? Seriously, contribute something if you have anything to contribute.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Jesus Christ, this old chesnut, were supposed to be losing because Dubas left us no depth...the depth players have been the ones performing! He was supposed to have left us no money for the D and revamped it to the best we've had in forever. We weren't supposed to have money for a backup goalie that backup goalie is now our starter.

Make a sincere argument if you're anti-Dubas, so sick of you guys parading around disingenuous, disproven talking points you dreamt up 3 years ago. You could not be further from a good point.

Our top players are having a bad series, there's no easy fix for that, what just trade Matthews and Marner and roll with a bad team? Seriously, contribute something if you have anything to contribute.

the one thing we heard was we couldn’t make line up changes because we had no cap space. That was a problem since we couldn’t rotate players. Don’t think it’s a hard thing to work around for next season but the cap space is still a bit of an issue.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012

Marner has a top 7 cap hit in the league. Dude was an rfa and didn't sign for max term. The only other rfa in the top 7 is mcdavid and Matthews, and the only non-max term guy is Matthews.

Explain why you think this was a good cap move.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Marner has a top 7 cap hit in the league. Dude was an rfa and didn't sign for max term. The only other rfa in the top 7 is mcdavid and Matthews, and the only non-max term guy is Matthews.

Marner could be making 4 million he still wouldn't be playing well enough in this series. Marner and Matthew's performance in this series isn't on the GM. They own their play on their own.

Reactions: axlrose87

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
the one thing we heard was we couldn’t make line up changes because we had no cap space. That was a problem since we couldn’t rotate players. Don’t think it’s a hard thing to work around for next season but the cap space is still a bit of an issue.

Cap flexibility would always be nice but in reality this current roster isn't hurting because of cap problems. Our top players have no showed. That sucks but it's unrelated because as of right now the struggles are not on the shoulders of the depth players, it they were then it would be relevant.

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
This is year 6 of shanahan, not a single playoff round win...yes he should be fired he is most culpable as he is the president. Negotiating the matthews and marner contracts was EVERYTHING, he failed miserably, and I thought that before COVID forced a flat cap.

This team was a joke for 20 years before Shanahan got here.

Stars get paid, get over it

Reactions: Ryan Michaels

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017

Did I say that it was a good cap move or did you ignore my actual post because you are unable to refute anything I said?

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Cap flexibility would always be nice but in reality this current roster isn't hurting because of cap problems. Our top players have no showed. That sucks but it's unrelated because as of right now the struggles are not on the shoulders of the depth players, it they were then it would be relevant.

That’s true. That’s why if he did I wouldn’t be surprised. I can see it going both ways.

Whether leafs advance or not Marners playoff performance is very concerning. Hope he can turn it around starting in overtime.

Reactions: Ryan Michaels

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I said dubas ruined our cap. And he did.

I did you the courtesy of taking you seriously and explaining why you're wrong, I'm done talking to a brick wall. Keep losing your shit over the fact we could have paid Marner a million less for the next five years of that's what you're into, laughable that would be a fireable offence so settle in and enjoy Dubas.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
I did you the courtesy of taking you seriously and explaining why you're wrong, I'm done talking to a brick wall. Keep losing your shit over the fact we could have paid Marner a million less for the next five years of that's what you're into, laughable that would be a fireable offence so settle in and enjoy Dubas.

Dude ruined our cap. Don't worry, I'm sure we are stuck with him and you will also get to enjoy dubas going forward.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
we'll get by the Habs in game 7 but i'd still fire them all and make progressive hires

Wick - President
Cassie Campbell - GM
Goyette - Coach

Reactions: axlrose87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad