Does Sam Bennett Dress This Year?

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
There's no one who's banged up to the point that resting them against Arizona gives us a better chance against LA or 'Peg?

Bouma could use a day off, not for being bad, but as a reward for putting his body on the line.... if he wanted to take it that is - which I would doubt he does.

But putting in an 80% Jooris or Colborne or whoever over a 100% Bennett might not help us in our last two games. Saturday to Thursday is a loooong time to rest those owies.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Bouma's done nothing to deserve sitting out, even if he's not 100%. He's playing for a new contract as well.

Hartley's weird love affair with Raymond does at the very least, warrant a raised eyebrow though (maybe even both).

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Ice the best possible line-up for the next 2 games, secure our spot, then you can sit guys the last game.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Unless they sit Raymond, I see no need to have Bennett in tonight or the 2 games after.

I agree with the above and say secure a spot, then sit someone in his favor.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
As much as I or anyone else want to see Bennett play I think it is best to keep him out. At least until our fate is decided one way or another. Same could be argued for Wotherspoon.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
As much as I or anyone else want to see Bennett play I think it is best to keep him out. At least until our fate is decided one way or another. Same could be argued for Wotherspoon.

Part time Flames fan here.... But big time Sam Bennett fan.

That said is seeing Bennett in one game worth burning a year of his ELC? I cannot imagine it is. Gotta think asset management.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

If we win against LA tomorrow night; I think he gets to dress against the Peg.
Nice throwaway game right there, give some of the big guns a slower night, give Wotherspoon some minutes... even it out so that we don't overwork anyone, but keep them loose and ready for the playoffs.

Sam might get his chance, if we're fighting tooth and nail to get in with game 82... I don't think we see him.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
If we get two points against LA then i think we will dress Bennett against the Jets... We would have already clinched, and it's an opportunity to rest a top forward and give Bennett his first NHL game with little pressure.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
If we get two points against LA then i think we will dress Bennett against the Jets... We would have already clinched, and it's an opportunity to rest a top forward and give Bennett his first NHL game with little pressure.

He's playoff eligible right? It'd be nice to see him play a game that doesn't mean as much so we could have a bit more confidence putting him into a playoff game.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
He's playoff eligible right? It'd be nice to see him play a game that doesn't mean as much so we could have a bit more confidence putting him into a playoff game.

I could see Bennett having a Seguin type playoff impact if we really need him and go deep enough where both teams are banged up and fatigued.

Either way, I can hardly wait for next season. Only reckless injury (aka Taylor Hall) can stop Bennett from being a really good first line player in the NHL.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Well if we win tonight, I guarantee Bennett/Wotherspoon will get to play a game, maybe even Ortio. We would be playing Vancouver regardless, so it would be cool to ice a lot of young guys without worrying about battling for a playoff spot.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site

I think every player under contract with the team is eligible to play in playoff games. Outside of CHL players still alive in the playoffs.

brian70

Jul 8, 2012
Yup the WPG-CGY game is meaningless now. Hopefully we see a bit of Bennett.

But it isn't meaningless, is it? Flames could still get home-ice advantage. Of course, the Canucks would have to lose in regulation at home against the Oilers. Not likely but still a possibility.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Here's an indirect confirmation:

Wes Gilbertson ‏@SUNGilbertson 1h1 hour ago
Sam Bennett's debut will be main storyline, but how 'bout #Flames D Brett Kulak. Spent big chunk of season in ECHL ... NHL debut today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad