McDavid Wins Back to Back Art Ross' With a 108 Point Season, 2nd Youngest to Do So Behind #99

Does McDavid win the Art Ross and hit 100 points?

• He wins the Art Ross but doesn't hit 100 points.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
It would be incredible for him to get back to back art rosses and 100 point seasons. He is currently on pace for 101 points, so I have no doubt he hits 100. The Art Ross is a bit trickier. He is 1 point behind Malkin and 4 behind Kucherov, but has one game in hand on both of them. I'm going to be optimistic and say he beats them both. That's all I have left to cheer for this season.

the mcdavid era

Jul 10, 2017
To get 100 points, he needs 16 points in 14 games. He will EASILY hit 100 going by how good he is right now.

Art Ross? I'm not sure. But he'll be top 2 at the end IMO.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I think he'll do it. If he wants it bad enough, it's basically already done, IMO. It'll depend on how bad he wants it, but I think he does want it very much. He's so driven.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
I am going to be pessimistic and say he won't win the Art Ross. Then again this is McDavid we're talking about...

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
Anyone else and I'd say nah. But the recent performances are... well, let's just say that I don't think the game of hockey has ever seen anything like them. So I'm going to be bullish and say he wins the Art Ross.

I mean I turned on the game in the 2nd last night, saw the score and thought I'd rewind the stream to see the goals. Said to myself, sarcastically: "gee, I wonder which one McDavid got?" And he got BOTH? Who IS this guy?

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I think one of the Penguins or Lightning coaches will rest one of Kucherov or Malkin down the stretch.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
100 points, but just misses out on the Art Ross unless Kucherov gets hurt.

This would be my guess as well. He likely gets 100, or very close, but I can't see him making up a 4 point gap on Kuch AND having Malkin go a little quiet. Basically he needs both of them to slow down somewhat, which is unlikely. Additionally, both Malkin and Kucherov have the benefit of playing with a LOT better linemates and PP. McDavid basically has to do everything himself.

Last edited:

Summary

Oct 13, 2009
Duh... has no one else been watching? 105 point finish and an Art Ross season wasted by bleepin' Chiarelli

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
I am sure he would rather be playing for a cup this year than finsishM even in the top 10 of scoring. But in answer to the question, i think he does hit 100 but does not win the Art Ross. Tampa Bay is too high scoring of a team for the leader not to pick up lots of points in the last games. If he does i woud gladly be wrong, Lets hope he has a big night on Tuesday and leads the Oilers to defeating the overrated Shames.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
100 points, but just misses out on the Art Ross unless Kucherov gets hurt.
Honestly Malkin looks like he might be a bigger threat at this point.

McDavid has been on fire since the new year. 39 points in 29 games.

Entering tonight Malking has 49 points over the same number of games. I wouldn't actually be surprised if Kucherov ends up finishing 3rd or 4th in league scoring.

But then again, all it takes is a couple huge games from any one of these guys right at the top to take over the lead.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
The team will be playing with one thing in mind and that's to win McDavid the Art Ross and split the bonuses 23 ways

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
McD has 15pts in last 10.. 40 in last 30.
He will get his 100 esp if Lucic is off his wing.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Prediction? Okay:

40 - 65 - 105

Wins the Art Ross and Ted Lindsay.

why would he win the ted lindsay?
if anyone deserves it, it would be MacKinnon.

Malkin is the one McDavid has to worry about for the art ross. he's on just an insane second half of the season.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
100 points should come with casual performance, but he probably needs 105 to win the scoring title.

Voted that he wins it, because why not, but it's statistically more likely that he doesn't.

nightfighter

Aug 31, 2008
why would he win the ted lindsay?
if anyone deserves it, it would be MacKinnon.

Malkin is the one McDavid has to worry about for the art ross. he's on just an insane second half of the season.

I could see the winner of the Ross get the Lindsay as well. It's much more of an individual performance award. The hart could go to mackinnon especially if the avs make the playoffs

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I could see the winner of the Ross get the Lindsay as well. It's much more of an individual performance award. The hart could go to mackinnon especially if the avs make the playoffs

I just don't see what McDavid has done that would put him above others.
he's one of many on the same tier this year.
If someone had the stats for the scoring leaders and the percentage of team goals they've been on, that could be a revealing stat.
McDavid could lead the league there, I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad