OT: Does Joe Louis arena take CDN$ ?

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
They do not accept it at the concessions. Someone mentioned in our Visitors thread that the JLA box office would do currency exchanges. You're probably best off to use a credit card for larger purchases, and/or just find an ATM to dispense some USD for concessions. There are ATMs on the concourse.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Hey Guys,

Heading to game 3 on saturday from southern ontario and I'm curious if you guys could tell me if the arena takes Canadian money?

Thanks

I don't know if you're staying down there or driving back but when I go down I normally stay at a hotel in Windsor and just change over my money there before taking the tunnel bus across to the game.

It drops you at Cobo Hall and its a short walk to the arena then picks you up at the same spot. Its a good way to go as you can have a few drinks and not have to worry about driving.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
They do not accept it at the concessions. Someone mentioned in our Visitors thread that the JLA box office would do currency exchanges. You're probably best off to use a credit card for larger purchases, and/or just find an ATM to dispense some USD for concessions. There are ATMs on the concourse.
Are you sure? I've never had a problem using it, even at the concessions. But it has been a couple years since I tried.

Even if they do accept it though, don't expect a good exchange rate. :)

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
Thanks Guys,

I remember using Canadian money in Buffalo at First Niagara centre so I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue in Detroit because of the amount of canadians that go to the games.

Probably best I just exchanged the money anyway.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
That's cheaper than the cost of a beer at any Toronto sporting events.

It was 11$ for a beer at the Jays game I was at last week.

Yikes. But ballgames require beer, I think. I'm debating making the trip to see the Cubs this year. I have a soft spot for those losers.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
You're saying $10 for a Miller Light isn't a value? ;)
All I know is that the dollar was at around par at the time and I ended up paying approximately 75cents on the dollar once. And her coworker told her that she had to give me "real money" back. :laugh:

Thats My Hat

Jan 27, 2012
London, Ontario
I think some concessions take Canadian money. I was at the L.A. game last week and used Canadian money to pay for my food because I didn't have American money. They took my money and gave me my change as if I was using American money.

Edit: But to be fair, I only bought a hot chocolate at the Timmies.

griffs

Sep 17, 2012
Grand Rapids, Mi
I know many years ago they accepted Canadian money and even displayed the prices for both because of the following exchange...

Guy in line in front of me says to the concession worker "Boy Canadian money is not worth **** the lady replies 'honey here American money aint worth ****"

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I know many years ago they accepted Canadian money and even displayed the prices for both because of the following exchange...

Guy in line in front of me says to the concession worker "Boy Canadian money is not worth **** the lady replies 'honey here American money aint worth ****"

Truth in advertising! :laugh:

CorbeauNoir

Apr 13, 2010
Yikes. But ballgames require beer, I think. I'm debating making the trip to see the Cubs this year. I have a soft spot for those losers.

I was visiting Chicago last week. You couldn't pay me to watch baseball on TV but I highly recommend getting a cheapie ticket at Wrigley. Unless it's packed you can pretty much migrate around at sit anywhere in the upper grandstand without trouble. The beer is pricey though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad