Does anyone Cheer for LONG MARATHON Overtime Games

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I do, until it gets to the end of OT-3. Then I just want it to end before the players start having cardiac arrests on the ice. Also it becomes too difficult to maintain the hype/excitement after the adrenaline wears off and then I just pray for resolution...

lighthouses

Jan 12, 2014
What happens at these long games... do they keep serving food, drink, and 50/50 tickets?

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I like the idea. Choose your teams fastest player and have them duke it out in a 10k.

Oct 18, 2011
They're great if your team isn't playing.

When it's your team every shot is anxiety producing because we all know flukey goals happen all the time in the post season.

I remember last year when the ducks had that 3-0 comeback vs the Oilers and all I could think about is if they didn't win it would be a gut punch they couldn't recover from and the Oilers came close a few times to scoring.

It's just not fun when you care about who wins

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Anything past 3 OTs means you watched another game but without any scoring. Could get boring at some point...

Anything up to 2OTs would be thrilling.

Reactions: Rob

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
I love marathon games. As someone said, they're more enjoyable when it's not our team playing. Less nerve-wracking. I remember the first one I saw was in the 80's the game between the Islanders and Caps, where a young Lafontaine ended it.

One of the cool things about these long games is you can go out and do something and come back to the game still going on. One time, I left to go play hockey when the game was starting and I came back and the game was still going on. It's like Hockey Day in Canada but with only one game.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Only on weekends. I live in Turkey so 7PM EST is 2 AM for me. I'd like it better if I could watch two games one after another (i.e first Toronto-Boston then San Jose-Anaheim). OT in eastern conference means that I lose one or two periods of the other game. OT in western conference means I have to leave the game at the most intense moment or skip school, which is not a possibility anymore since I've already missed tens of classes.

One 2OT game is arguably better than watching two to three average games but I just love the atmosphere in playoff and am doing my best to watch as many teams as possible. So I honestly want OTs only on weekends when I can spend 10-12 hours watching hockey without having to worry about being a functional part of the society.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I went bananas on the Fisher 3OT winner against SJ in the WCSF two years ago
watch

nevermore

Cap space since 2005
Oct 25, 2007
Yes. My favourite non-Flyers game ever was Game 6 between the Sharks and Stars in 2008. 4OT, ended somehwere around 7 or maybe even 8 AM my time. So much fun to watch.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Absolutely. Count me mildly in the camp of "when it's not my team playing" though. I started watching the Coyotes in 2002, and had never seen them play playoff OT. 2012 playoffs roll around, and I hope some of the games go to overtime.

First 5 games of the first round all go to OT. I'm 31 year old American woman from Arizona, so my life expectancy is approximately 82. I think that playoff series made it more like 60.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad