Rumor: Do you want the Senators to sign Corey Perry?

Do you want the Ottawa Senators to sign Corey Perry?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Yessir! A true veteran who fits the mold of what Dorion is trying to build - The Inglorious Bastards!

NHL roster limits might be increased next season due to COVID uncertainty, which could also see a shortened season. In the latter scenario we may see a plethora of young players in many organizations graduating full-time a year later than anticipated.

Reactions: derriko

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Don’t care. I definitely see the benefits he would bring but I don’t want to block the rooks. So I’m fine either way

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I honestly. Don’t give a f***.

Hard to. I mean one day we’re trading for josh brown gudbransson and Watson the next we’re signing dadonov and galchenyuk. How can anyone have any sort of reasonable expectations or hopes. And I don’t mean this in any negative way. It’s just dorion is clearly playing chess. Or some very very very very weird form of checkers. So. Sure. Sign perry. Or trade for Jack Johnson. I have no clue. Whatever

Reactions: Cosmix

Laminator

May 25, 2014
No we should NOT sign Perry. This puts a serious log jam in our roster. My biggest worry is that Perry will be taking away minutes from Batherson. To me, it is Bathersons time to shine. Currently our RW depth looks like: Dadonov / Brown / Batherson / Watson. I just don't see where Perry fits. Another worry is putting Perry on the left side and taking away minutes from Stuetzle. I wouldn't sign him unless we are trading some assets and we need another roster player which I don't see happening.

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Don't see where he fits. We have 8 1-way forward contracts + Tkachuk and Batherson (locks) + Balcers (no longer exempt from waivers), which means only 2-3 spots for the likes of Brown, Norris, Stutzle, Abramov, Formenton, Chlapik to fight over. Shaw, Peca and Beaudin may also be in the mix for a 13th forward role.

We needed to add one more forward. We added Galchenyuk. Perry would be overkill.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
No we should sign Perry. This puts a serious log jam in our roster. My biggest worry is that Perry will be taking away minutes from Batherson. To me, it is Bathersons time to shine. Currently our RW depth looks like: Dadonov / Brown / Batherson / Watson. I just don't see where Perry fits. Another worry is putting Perry on the left side and taking away minutes from Stuetzle. I wouldn't sign him unless we are trading some assets and we need another roster player which I don't see happening.

You mean, should not?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I’d do it just to see Perry knock Austin Matthews stick out of his hands and then kick it into the net and when Matthews goes to pick it up Perry somehow gets tangled up and trips Matthews and they both fall to the ice and Perry kinda lands on top of him and the only way For Perry to possibly get up his to put his glove on Matthews face and push himself away - and then Perry look at the ref and ask for an interference Penalty on Matthews for diving

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
I totally get the fact that there is currently limited spots available and I want to see the young guys get opportunity to prove they can play, but I truly think Perry would be a great vet to have around this team and I would try and find a way to make it work. Perry has been successful at the highest levels for a long time and has played a ton in some of the most high pressure situations. He could teach this young core a lot both on and off the ice. Can he play as well as he used to? Absolutely not, but I think he would be a great piece to have around this squad.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Yes. With Stutzle's german contract maybe its best to leave him there and let him grow into a center vs Men.
So we play:

Tkachuk-Tierney-Dadanov
Formenton-Norris-C. Brown
White-L. Brown-Batherson
Galchenyuk-Anisimov-Perry
Watson/Balcers

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
But think about his veteran leadership...the only better mentor to teach guys like Brady and Formenton how to truly pest would be Brad Marchand. #PestySens

Reactions: Beville

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
My initial instinctive thought was, sure why not.

Upon reflection and formulation of a future scenario in which Corey D. Perry is part of the Ottawa Senators and my answer becomes: no, we should not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad