Speculation: Do you think players,coaches or GM's read HF boards?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
That's either Broadway Jay on Donovon or someone else about Schremp. Can't think of anyone else that matches that.
Yeah, I think it was Schremp - thanks! I do remember Broadway Jay and Donovon too. :laugh:

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I completely blocked him out of my mind. It was a regrettable era around here.

Lawyers :shakehead

Its funny though, because we just saw firsthand how our old shit coaches made our D look worse than they are. I do wonder how Donovan would do with Trotz and co. I honestly think he's quite similar to Towes.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Donovan is nowhere near Toews. It's why he doesn't have an NHL job.

Toews is a supreme skater and always finds a way to get the puck on net. I am curious to see what a regular coach could have done with Donovan though. Probably would not have benched him for an entire season that is for sure.

On a side note Toews has become my favorite player on this team. I know he is not the best but he is so damn silky smooth to watch.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
It would kind of surprise me if they did. Why read a bunch of criticism from fans ?

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
All I am saying is if Tavares read this forum he definitely left because of @Bood12 calling him out for a straight year. :laugh:
oh yea sure, more like I am the only reason he would stay because I am the only one who saw through his BS and knew he would never re-sign, as I said at the time if he is not signed by training camp of 2017 he would HAVE to be traded because I knew damn well he would never re-sign here, how did that turn out for everyone who thought he would re-sign?

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I sure hope they do!

We have some savvy armchair GMs, head coaches, assistant coaches, special teams coaches, scouts, and minor league affiliate coaches here.

Reactions: IslesFanatic

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
If players do read this thread, Josh Bailey, from the bottom of my heart I'm sorry.
considering all the abuse he took which I am pretty sure he was aware of I am actually surprised he re-signed, I figured he hated the Islander fans

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
considering all the abuse he took which I am pretty sure he was aware of I am actually surprised he re-signed, I figured he hated the Islander fans

Eh, this board is a tiny, tiny representation of Islander fans. I think he's smart enough to know that. In fact, I'm willing to bet most players actually do stay away from a place like this. Why put yourself through that torture? They get enough through Twitter to not have to come here.

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
Dylan Reese's dad posts here, in fact he posted in this very thread already.

Not a player but Brett Yormark's dad used to post here also, but mysteriously disappeared after Belmont was announced.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Eh, this board is a tiny, tiny representation of Islander fans. I think he's smart enough to know that. In fact, I'm willing to bet most players actually do stay away from a place like this. Why put yourself through that torture? They get enough through Twitter to not have to come here.
not just these boards, the abuse he took on facebook and twitter were just as bad, and I am fairly certain in today's day that is where the players are on, I know there were situations you would see people who I assumed were family members or friends come to his defense

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I remember many years ago getting into a fight with Brooks Reed's dad on a Jets message board. It was prior to him being drafted and the Jets were one of the teams that was supposedly high on him.

Its probably not a wise idea for a friend/family to post about their guy on a message board. Inevitably they start to take things too personally.

I'm pretty sure ndgolden is Anders Lee's sister or cousin, right? :laugh:

Reactions: ndgolden

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad