Votes: 14 16.9%
  • I miss him a bit

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • No I dont miss him at all

Votes: 43 51.8%

• Total voters

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
A guy whom I really enjoyed on the Leafs. Loved his speed, and the element that brought to the team. A 0.5 PPG winger, who isn't physical is probably worth around $2.2 million max. He's being paid $4.75 million.

We are paying Jarnkrok $2.1 million, for close to similar production, less speed, better D play.

I'd take Mik at $2.1-2.2....

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Mikheyev was a useless turd with hands of stone.

I'd still rather have him than Bertuzzi on the team. The fact Bertuzzi earns MORE to produce LESS is an indictment on the entire organization. Just goes to show how horrendous the Leafs pro scouting under Treliving was this offseason.

Smart idea getting rid of Joyce.

Anyone can identify a good player from time to time. Even a blind squirrel can stumble across a nut every now and then. A small child could tell you Auston Matthews can score goals.

So you would think the Leafs, with all their millions, could have replaced Mikheyev with somebody adequate for the same price.

I can't believe I'm saying this. But I actually do miss the Russian rocket. He was fast, killed penalties, and didn't cost a whole lot.

I'm all giddy inside knowing Treliving gave Bertuzzi and Domi $8.5M for the same ten goals Mikheyev has for half the price.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Not a great player, but fast and fun to watch. At 1M I miss him, at 2.5M maybe a bit, at 4M no.

Reactions: ToneDog

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I wouldn’t mind him at 3 million per at the absolute most. His speed is definitely missed.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Absolutely

Hyman Matthews Nylander
XX XX Marner
Mikheyev Kadri XX
Engvall Kampf XX

That’s a 12 million dollar 2/3rds of a 3rd line and a 4th line that’s pushing 6mil before we even have a 3rd player on it. Stupid Dubas didn’t want to spend 3x+ what contenders do on his bottom-6..

Reactions: Dekes For Days

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
That’s a 12 million dollar 2/3rds of a 3rd line and a 4th line that’s pushing 6mil before we even have a 3rd player on it. Stupid Dubas didn’t want to spend 3x+ what contenders do on his bottom-6..
Dubas did a lot of stupid things in his time.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Mikheyev went 19 playoff games without scoring on a goalie. His 2 goals were empty netters.

4.75m for a playoff ghost who turns into a 4th line PKer? Nah i'm good.

Reactions: hamzarocks

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
At $2M or less, I miss him a bit. His speed was useful at times, and USELESS at other times.

I'm very happy he's not a Leaf at any AAV above $2M.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Mik is a total bust during the playoff grind. That wide open speed burst room is totally gone and he's clueless how to adjust. Useless along the boards. Gets exposed if given a try in the top 6. Keefe gave him so many opportunities to become a bonafide top 6er.

Makes sense that in the playoffs his best moments come when the goalie is pulled. The 6 on 5 attack has the opponent not thinking about clogging up the ice. In the regular season, his best stretches come post- trade deadline as over half the league moves towards off season plans. Gives you a false sense he's playoff ready. Then a contender slaps you back to reality in round 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00