Speculation: Do we do anything at the TDL?

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
If we did nothing but dump the coaching staff, I'd be happy for now.

I can't even imagine who'd they hire. The team needs some philosophical changes from the top down, just getting another clown to follow their orders is like a sugar high that will wear off fast. They'd hire someone and call him interim, get enough wins to get into the playoffs, but as the sugar high dies down and the coaches basically just let the players do what they want to do, the team will quietly go out in the playoffs and the search is on for another coach. They then hire some lame retread who supposedly helped a star or two put up big numbers in the past, but does nothing about making sure the team has more balance and gets more contribution from all lines and pairings.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think this team should just sell.

Unfortunately, they don't have anything worth selling.

Nobody would want Hutton.

Janmark might get something, but is currently on ir.

The only one who would get something back is Smith.

This team needs to start holding onto draft picks and prospects.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
I would like to get rid of him too, but i don't want to include any assets that would be required in order to get rid of him.
I would to retool. Trade a guy like Dadonov with sweeteners to Arizona. Go grab someone like Connor Garland that is right around that $5m cap hit. Pray the team gets healthy. Sell to buy.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I would like this 2nd half to be about the Eternal Sunshine of the Spott-less Knights. Hopefully they don't axe Craig along with him (or instead of him!)

I would like to get rid of him too, but i don't want to include any assets that would be required in order to get rid of him.

He'll have to be bought out in the offseason IMO. That's just a 667K cap hit next season.

As for the time being, giving him the Tatar treatment would be a good start. You know...holding players accountable. What happened to that?

They could at least try to play Dorofeyev for 13 mins with Stone/Patches/Janmark etc out. Or at the very least think about it for a minute. The organization overrates 'bluechips' and underrates 'good enough' prospects [Kolesar being the lone exception].

Last edited:

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I would to retool. Trade a guy like Dadonov with sweeteners to Arizona. Go grab someone like Connor Garland that is right around that $5m cap hit. Pray the team gets healthy. Sell to buy.

Garland would be a perfect fit on 3rd line but doubt Vancouver would trade him within the division while they still feel they have a shot at the playoffs.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I think this team should just sell.

Unfortunately, they don't have anything worth selling.

Nobody would want Hutton.

Janmark might get something, but is currently on ir.

The only one who would get something back is Smith.

This team needs to start holding onto draft picks and prospects.

I'm with you but we know management and ownership philosophy don't even acknowledge such an option. Really feels like a short postseason giving these guys a longer break plus some infusion of youth over the offseason could get them on track. Then enter next season with lowered expectations and strike from there.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I'm with you but we know management and ownership philosophy don't even acknowledge such an option. Really feels like a short postseason giving these guys a longer break plus some infusion of youth over the offseason could get them on track. Then enter next season with lowered expectations and strike from there.

In today's cap world you need to have some rookies and players n ELC's or else you can't afford the 5-6 million type second and third liners cause you're paying the Stones, Petro's etc 9+ million. We need to start developing youngsters. We'll always be able to attract free agents to VGK due to organization, city, low taxes, etc. Our problem will be fitting them under the cap, a few ELC's will help that.

I'd like to attract a better coach, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad