Speculation: Do Rossi/Boldy Make the Team Out of Camp?

Who makes the Minnesota Wild out of camp?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Simple question: Do Rossi/Boldy make the team out of camp? Does one make it, but not the other? Do both start in Iowa?

I'm excited for camp. I'm excited to see all the young players come and try to claim the last few roster spots. I'm heavily intrigued at the potential future of:

Kaprizov-Rossi-Zuccarello
Boldy-Eriksson Ek-Fiala

Reactions: ctmagic

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I'll take the first stab. I think both Rossi and Boldy make the Minnesota Wild out of camp. I think Boldy makes it because he is that good and they need a skilled winger to play next to Fiala. I think Rossi is still building up after having to recover from last year. However, his competition sucks and therefore I could see them keeping him for the start of the year. If he looks a little overwhelmed then I think they will send him down to Iowa to develop further.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I probably should have waited until after the scrimmage tonight to vote. As of now, I think Boldy makes it and Rossi starts in Iowa, but I could see both making it or both starting in Iowa just as likely at this point.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Rossi looks great, as does JEE and Sturm. Kap is traded for Eichel, who's neck is miraculously fixed.

All of a sudden we have too many Centers, causing controversy and dissension, especially once Marat is released from his team early in the spring and comes over after having a 65 pt. season in Russia.:nod:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Minnesota currently has 21/23 players on their roster.

Zuccarello - Rask - ???
??? - Gaudreau - Fiala
Greenway - Eriksson -Ek - Foligno
Sturm - Hartman - Bjugstad

I think Rossi and Boldy will make it only because of the current holes. But I think they are sent down after a few games.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Depends. If Kaprizov isn't in the lineup, I think Boldy makes it. If they only have one hole to fill, though, I think they'll go with a vet and make Boldy work for it some more.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I WISH Rossi makes it but its just hard to ignore an entire missed season and no pro level regular season experience either. Thats a big hurdle to jump.

But Boldy's proven he's a top six talent in Iowa already so I think he should make it.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
I probably should have waited until after the scrimmage tonight to vote. As of now, I think Boldy makes it and Rossi starts in Iowa, but I could see both making it or both starting in Iowa just as likely at this point.
Are you a politician by any chance? Lol

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Are you a politician by any chance? Lol

I play all sides so I always come out on top.

I'll have a more firm opinion after tonight, but most of my uncertainty comes from not knowing how Guerin and the coaching staff want to handle these guys. I know Boldy is good enough to play in the NHL at this point, I'm less sure about Rossi, but if Guerin and the coaches are holding them to a higher standard than I am, they could end up in Iowa anyway.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
I think i would have played Boldy over Rask last year in the playoffs. Maybe not first line center but then again maybe.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I watched the 1st and 3rd periods from the scrimmage. I feel like there's almost zero shot that Boldy will start in Iowa. This kid is ready.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I watched the 1st and 3rd periods from the scrimmage. I feel like there's almost zero shot that Boldy will start in Iowa. This kid is ready.
Me too, the thing is, he is such a smart player that the more he gets to know his team and their tendencies, the better he gets. In other words, he might start slow, but i can see him improving on a weekly basis as he figures the league out. He has some nice tools, but his most important one is in between the ears.

Rossi...we'll see. He started to look good out there towards the end of the last scrimmage, but he wasn't playing against anything close to NHL calibre. I think being down in Iowa playing with Beckman, Chaffee, Shaw and Addison wouldn't be the worst thing.

Both Rossi and Boldy look to be very smart players. I thing that Boldy is more a passive type that lets the game come to him....not too sure about Rossi, but think he is more of a high energy, aggressive type.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He was ready late last season, yet didn't get a game.

What should happen isn't necessarily what will happen... unfortunately.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Rossi looked exactly like Granlund did his first year in the NHL. His head and hands are more than NHL ready but his body isn't even close. Rossi is a better skater than Granlund was/is but it wasn't enough to make up the difference last night, so I can't imagine it will be an asset when he plays actual talent.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
He was ready late last season, yet didn't get a game.

What should happen isn't necessarily what will happen... unfortunately.
To be fair, is throwing a kid in during the playoffs a good choice? I could see arguments for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad