Do players check their phones between periods?

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
If I owned a business the only time I would allow my employees to look at their phone is on breaks. If I was an NHL coach, no phones during the intermissions. What is it with people who have an addiction to look at a phone every 5 minutes. Brutal.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I didn't know players get periods. That would be a long time to go without checking their phone though.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Oh for sure, they come on here to see all the men's league PP QB's on here goin "Why didnt you shoot there?" or the Be a GM freaks making ridiculous trade proposals involving their names even though the trade deadline has passed.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
why wouldn't they?
Wouldn’t they be reviewing the previous period on iPads with coaches and seeing ways to improve play so they have the best chance of winning? They do that even during the game while on the bench, right? So unless the player is expecting an important message, why would they put using their phone over what’s needed done for winning? A quiet room sure doesn’t sound like a winning room.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
If I owned a business the only time I would allow my employees to look at their phone is on breaks.
So you would basically have to pay your employees to not look at their phones because they would simply find conditions elsewhere better. Your choice.

It's funny but you would probably be perfectly fine with them having the radio play in the background entire day.

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
Another question is should they? Or would you allow it as the head coach?

I’d say f*** no. No phones at practice or during games. They’re too distracting and everyone needs to be hyper focused on their play.

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
If I owned a business the only time I would allow my employees to look at their phone is on breaks. If I was an NHL coach, no phones during the intermissions. What is it with people who have an addiction to look at a phone every 5 minutes. Brutal.
LMAO. Social media is literally designed and innovated that way. Instant endorphin rush - quick focus, no attention span needed. Facebook and 'classic' Twitter are too slow for today's consumers just as books or even videos an hour+ were 15 years ago. Let your mind run wild and imagine what's the next big thing to come up.

Your everyday 'employer' and they're 'strict' sense of rules is nothing compared to the level of social conditioning going on right now. 'Internet life' will become more important than 'real life' a lot sooner than you may think.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Do you use your phone on lunch or break?
They're not on lunch or break, they're working during intermission too. They're usually talking with the coaches or their teammates about the game, discussing what adjustments need to be made, fixing up any injuries or equipment issues they sustained during the previous period, eating, or going over video. They're not just relaxing for 18 minutes until the next period starts.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
of course they do!!!!

angry-birds-2-3.gif

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
According to Marty Biron while he played for the rangers they lost phone access after Sean Avery was making dinner reservations between periods.

It led to….

…. Sloppy seconds

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad