Do players check their phones between periods?

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I would imagine some do. Not sure I’ve heard of it in hockey, but there’s been many instances in other sports, so I don’t see why it wouldn’t happen in hockey.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I would hope they only check if it is urgent, they are looking at scores or video of their game.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
Unless you're expecting some important news, I'd imagine most locker rooms would frown on browsing your socials during intermissions.
That's what I was thinking. Unless you're expecting a baby at any point or a parent/child is in the hospital, I can't imagine that the coach would be really pleased with you being distracted from the way that everyone in that room makes their money.

And even in a situation like above, the players probably give out the assistant equipment manager's phone # to pass critical information along to/get the quickest response.

Reactions: Leon der Profi

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Many of them like to read my posts to see what sort of crazy shenanigans I've been getting up to. I am massive in the Canucks dressing room (majority of their success comes from the immaculate vibes I ethereally send out that they are then able to transmute into on ice success)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad