Discussion: Road to the Playoffs (Last 12 games of reg. season)

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
They have been playing well since that Giggy comment. Also they can score in bunches if Minnesota has any confidence issues after tonight. If Backstrom cannot screw his head back on straight they are in big trouble. We still need to just get a win, we control 7th now and that is where I would like to stay.

Well mostly.. some really bad games there though.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
It's truly incredible that you can even allow your fingers to type such nonsense.
What happened to all this "RESPECT OTHER POSTERS" preaching? Oh, that's right. It only applies to anyone who's addressing St. Bob, the omniscient.

I have nothing against Danny Dekeyser, Ericsson or Quincey.
Turning this into a semantics debate? Of course you don't have anything personal against DD, Ercisson, or Quincey. What you do imply is that you rarely have anything positive to say about them (And I've never read anything said about Danny DeKeyser, so I'm taking that claim with a grain of salt that you don't have much good to say about him).

It's hard to say how good DD is so far.
Not for me. He's been what we've missed since Nick Lidstrom left. He's no Nick Lidstrom, but we've missed someone who goes out there and separates the puck from the forward and gets it to his teammates. He plays a simple game amongst a squad of defenders that can give you heart burn watching them handle the puck.
But he's soft
Nick Lidstrom was soft as well. This isn't a legitimate criticism. He knows he can't get physical with his lanky body, so he goes out and uses his stick and reach to disrupt the puck cycling. I see nothing wrong with him playing soft. Once he puts muscle on in the offseason, he'll be fine.
he makes rookie mistakes.
:laugh: Very far and few in between and usually of minimum impact. Maybe a turnover here and there, but seriously. I rarely notice this guy, and that's a great thing. You're stretching this.

See, the problem comes when the hometeam fans OVERRATE players. I tend not to overrate players (though some say I overrate Tatar).
You wanna know why I think this is BS? The fact this "assessment" is coming out of your mouth. Why don't you let someone else do the puffing up for you? I say you have just as much bias in your assessment as we do.
So when I offer a reasonable assessment, it seems like criticism to people who buy into the BS hype peddled by sycophant cheerleaders Ken Daniels or George Malik.
Wow. You are a freaking hypocrite. So you complain about how we generalize your statements, saying you rarely give a shred of praise to anyone involved with the Red Wings. IF you need evidence to that, then go check out just about any post this guy makes in a GDT. Every dang post is "X should have done Y" or "Quit whining like a baby, X." So, you're allowed to generalize everyone who disagrees with your opinions as some brainwashed mindless dolt who follows Ken Daniels and Malik's word like gospel? You're not allowed to get away with this BS. Not on my watch.
Finally, it's it's truly ignorant on your part to say that I refuse to give out credit or will be not impressed by players.
Just the other day I was talking about how impressed I've been with Kyle Quincey's physical play since returning from the jaw injury.
There's always room for anomalies. Not everyone is a permanent negative nancy that truly always has bad things to say about the Wings. It's just that way more often than not, you do. And people get sick of it.

You, on the other hand, don't bother to address my opinions of players. Instead, you criticize me -- using lies.

He's not lying; he could choose his vocabulary better though. Nor was it his intention to address your opinions. He was just clarifying why you are ignoring someone's point on how the Wings have been very impressive since DeKeyser joined the fold. I'll bite. Since DeKeyser has joined the Wings, they have a 1.4 GAA. They have only given up more than 2 goals in regulation plus overtime in this stretch of time ONCE (SO doesn't count).

Color me impressed.

Last edited:

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
You know they're going to be hot about the game tonight. It would be a historic choke job if they managed to miss the playoffs. I still say they make it.

I didn't catch the start of the game last night. I did see it via replay on the NHL network. It's awesome there was a staged fight two seconds into the game to get the crowd and team fired up. The Oil scored 25 seconds after the fight. It would be an epic collapse.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I didn't catch the start of the game last night. I did see it via replay on the NHL network. It's awesome there was a staged fight two seconds into the game to get the crowd and team fired up. The Oil scored 25 seconds after the fight. It would be an epic collapse.

Yeah I watched the game, they got flat out steamrolled. Yes their goalies were bad but they really had problems with the Oilers speed and counter attacking ability. By the way something the Avs are excellent at. A lot of people are going to look at that score line today and assume they didn't work scary version is they fought, hit and battled and got owned by a team they hadn't lost at home to in 17 games. And had problems with things it is hard to imagine the Avs not being able to exploit a time or two tonight.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Yeah I watched the game, they got flat out steamrolled. Yes their goalies were bad but they really had problems with the Oilers speed and counter attacking ability. By the way something the Avs are excellent at. A lot of people are going to look at that score line today and assume they didn't work scary version is they fought, hit and battled and got owned by a team they hadn't lost at home to in 17 games. And had problems with things it is hard to imagine the Avs not being able to exploit a time or two tonight.

Watched the game and my thoughts as well.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Go Wings, win tonight and take care of your business yourself.

I'd like to see a Wings/Hawks 1st round. Not because I think the Wings would have an easier time against the Hawks than the Ducks (it will be a steep uphill climb in either case), but this being the Wings' last year in the West, I think it would be cool to play the Hawks. The 2 teams have played head-to-head more than any other teams in league history, let's add another 5 to 6 games to the franchise series.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Think a Duchene hattrick will be Minnesota's undoing tonight. They struggled all night with the speed of the Oilers and Suter is not healthy. He will be a very tough matchup tonight.

Still need to just take care of our business, but the Avs for as bad as they are enter tonight above five hundred at home and play with speed.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Go Wings, win tonight and take care of your business yourself.

I'd like to see a Wings/Hawks 1st round. Not because I think the Wings would have an easier time against the Hawks than the Ducks (it will be a steep uphill climb in either case), but this being the Wings' last year in the West, I think it would be cool to play the Hawks. The 2 teams have played head-to-head more than any other teams in league history, let's add another 5 to 6 games to the franchise series.

That would happen if we beat the Ducks in the first round anyway.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
**** this thread.

Bring it out behind the barn and shoot it.

Lets not have one next year. We've experienced alot of things as wings fans. This was different. Ended well but only fun in retrospect.

Good job Wings.

With the pipeline 22 could end up being 32.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
5-2-3 since DeKeyser entered the lineup. Detroit was beat 1-0 in one of those reg losses, and the other was the brainfart Calgary game.

Not a mind blowing statistic, but I don't think this is just a coincidence. I'm not saying he's Lidstrom or the next Nick, but he plays a STYLE that we have missed since Lidstrom's departure. He can make a great first pass, be in the right place at the right time, and skate up ice with the puck like he's been in the league for at least a few seasons. But we were saying similar things about Smith when he played his share of games last season too...

I think the team feels more comfortable right now, and isn't as "afraid" to make mistakes. There's a trust factor going on, and they just look more determined but yet collected/calm at the same time.

6-2-3, not bad.
I have not seen him enough, but I really wonder if he is exactly what we needed, a fine stay at home Dman. Not physical, but good defensively.

Wild and BJs
I really think it sucks for the Jackets as they won their game and the Wild won vs the Avs, but the Avs scored a good goal (seems to me) which was called back.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm not going to speak definitively, but I do like our chances more against the Ducks than the Hawks.

They have less firepower to shut down. That simple. And their top defenders are far more easily exposed. Souray isn't a defensive juggernaut. There's going to be openings.

With how tightly the Wings have played defensively, I've got decent hopes they can shut down the top line and that should open up things for our 2nd and 3rd line guys. Hell, maybe Eaves can continue his great play.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
And the collective western conferance breath's a sigh of relief... l.a. vs st louis so no matter what happens in round 2 only one of those teams will be present to grind down a team and hopefully they grind each other down to wear the winner is to weary too continue past the second round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad