Discussion: Road to the Playoffs (Last 12 games of reg. season)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I feel for Harding...first game back since early February and he gets torched. He's inspirational in that he's trying to play with that disease but he's fighting a losing battle I'm afraid.

He does not look right at all this year, which is very understandable, but it is indeed sad to watch and I think it is a big factor.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
If we can lock down that #7 seed it's worth noting that Jimeh has a .971 SV% and 1 GAA against the Ducks in Anaheim over the two games he's played there this season.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Awesome.

Ignoring the entirety of someone's point because overtime losses are still "losses".

Capt has put Dekesyer on the same list as Ericsson and Quincey: he'll refuse to be impressed or give out any credit to them.

Weird that I'm gonna defend him here, but he's not wrong. 5-2-3 artificially makes the stat look a lot better than it is. In all seriousness, 5 wins 5 losses is not great.

It's okay, but I wouldn't use it as evidence that DD is anything special.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
If things hold to, it would be only fitting the Wings last playoff appearance in the Western Conference makes sure they start out west where most Wings fans wont be able to stay up and watch the game.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Weird that I'm gonna defend him here, but he's not wrong. 5-2-3 artificially makes the stat look a lot better than it is. In all seriousness, 5 wins 5 losses is not great.

It's okay, but I wouldn't use it as evidence that DD is anything special.

It was used as a starting point to discussing Dekeyser's influence on the team. Points are important, even if there are people here that subscribe to the "losses are losses regardless of whether you can get a point out of it or not" idea.

crashman

If things hold to, it would be only fitting the Wings last playoff appearance in the Western Conference makes sure they start out west where most Wings fans wont be able to stay up and watch the game.

As someone that works late afternoons, I'd get to see every game from the beginning. So I'm really hoping for that 7th seed!

RedWingsNow*

Capt has put Dekesyer on the same list as Ericsson and Quincey: he'll refuse to be impressed or give out any credit to them.

It's truly incredible that you can even allow your fingers to type such nonsense.

If you've got an opinion of a player, share it.

But please stop pretending that you have any grasp of mine.

I have nothing against Danny Dekeyser, Ericsson or Quincey.

It's hard to say how good DD is so far. He seems fairly solid positionally. His passing is OK. But he's soft as he makes rookie mistakes.

See, the problem comes when the hometeam fans OVERRATE players. I tend not to overrate players (though some say I overrate Tatar).
So when I offer a reasonable assessment, it seems like criticism to people who buy into the BS hype peddled by sycophant cheerleaders Ken Daniels or George Malik.

Finally, it's it's truly ignorant on your part to say that I refuse to give out credit or will be not impressed by players.
Just the other day I was talking about how impressed I've been with Kyle Quincey's physical play since returning from the jaw injury.

I'm just giving my honest assessment. Agree or disagree, I don't care.

You, on the other hand, don't bother to address my opinions of players. Instead, you criticize me -- using lies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
They have to beat the Colorado "We've Been Planning Our Trip to Vegas for 3 Months" Avalanche.

Minny. Is. Getting. In.

:walrus:

They have been playing well since that Giggy comment. Also they can score in bunches if Minnesota has any confidence issues after tonight. If Backstrom cannot screw his head back on straight they are in big trouble. We still need to just get a win, we control 7th now and that is where I would like to stay.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
They have to beat the Colorado "We've Been Planning Our Trip to Vegas for 3 Months" Avalanche.

Minny. Is. Getting. In.

:walrus:

I read a few posts saying that Wild would clinch tonight because Nik "the rebuilder" Khabibulin was starting, and N. Schultz - Potter was the 2nd pair for Oil, etc. ,etc. (yeah, Potter sure sucks :sarcasm:)

Time for the Wild to show up.

RedWingsNow*

They have been playing well since that Giggy comment. Also they can score in bunches if Minnesota has any confidence issues after tonight. If Backstrom cannot screw his head back on straight they are in big trouble. We still need to just get a win, we control 7th now and that is where I would like to stay.

Minny and Cbus have bigger injury problems than we do at the moment.
Minny has Heatley and Pominville out. And from what I've heard, Suter and Cullen are playing hurt.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I read a few posts saying that Wild would clinch tonight because Nik "the rebuilder" Khabibulin was starting, and N. Schultz - Potter was the 2nd pair for Oil, etc. ,etc. (yeah, Potter sure sucks :sarcasm:)

Time for the Wild to show up.

You know they're going to be hot about the game tonight. It would be a historic choke job if they managed to miss the playoffs. I still say they make it.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
You know they're going to be hot about the game tonight. It would be a historic choke job if they managed to miss the playoffs. I still say they make it.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for the narrative of it. Would be historic, as you say. A fan can dream *sigh*.

And yeah, even though I don't care for Yeo, he and the leadership group of that team will be riled up badly after tonight.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
It's truly incredible that you can even allow your fingers to type such nonsense.

If you've got an opinion of a player, share it.

But please stop pretending that you have any grasp of mine.

I have nothing against Danny Dekeyser, Ericsson or Quincey.

It's hard to say how good DD is so far. He seems fairly solid positionally. His passing is OK. But he's soft as he makes rookie mistakes.

See, the problem comes when the hometeam fans OVERRATE players. I tend not to overrate players (though some say I overrate Tatar).
So when I offer a reasonable assessment, it seems like criticism to people who buy into the BS hype peddled by sycophant cheerleaders Ken Daniels or George Malik.

Finally, it's it's truly ignorant on your part to say that I refuse to give out credit or will be not impressed by players.
Just the other day I was talking about how impressed I've been with Kyle Quincey's physical play since returning from the jaw injury.

You, on the other hand, don't bother to address my opinions of players. Instead, you criticize me -- using lies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad